Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Account

tag
joeh05
Contributor

Chase Account

I have a closed chase account reporting on my credit and it will be all paid off in April. I was just wondering if they delete all negetives from this TL but not the TL itself will this help me in anyway?
Young and Dumb!!!!!!
04-5-2009 EQ - 491TU - 522
04/09/2009 EQ - 501 TU - 522
05/03/2009 EQ - 503 TU - 522
09/23/2009 EQ - 522 TU - 563
03/09/2011 EQ - 604 TU -608
Any advice for a 22year old trying to repair and stay there is welcome!!!!
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Account

If the negative aspects of the tradeline are deleted but the tradeline remains on CR, this will definitely help your CR and FICO.
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the negative aspects of the tradeline are deleted but the tradeline remains on CR, this will definitely help your CR and FICO.
Message 2 of 5
joeh05
Contributor

Thanks for the last answer!!!! I do have another question though, if they wont just take the baddies away and say they will take the entire TL should I? This is my oldest account, but there are tons of late remarks associated with it. I think if I got the whole TL deleted it would hurt my score now because of AAoA but I have some New Credit that is in good standing and will remain that way. So I think it would be ok in the long run if they just deleted it. I guess I am just looking for some reassurance???
Young and Dumb!!!!!!
04-5-2009 EQ - 491TU - 522
04/09/2009 EQ - 501 TU - 522
05/03/2009 EQ - 503 TU - 522
09/23/2009 EQ - 522 TU - 563
03/09/2011 EQ - 604 TU -608
Any advice for a 22year old trying to repair and stay there is welcome!!!!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it would be ok in the long run if they just deleted it. I guess I am just looking for some reassurance???

I think you just answered your own question. Delete it if you can.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be too fixated on FICO.  FICO is a measurement tool and part of credit evaluation, but it does not provide a blind eye to bad credit entries. 

The older the baddie, the less impact on FICO and the more lenience a LO will give it.  With that said, though, some Loan reviews will frown on it and offer you lower CL's, higher APR's or decline all together not because of FICO, but because of CR content.

Use FICO as a gauge, not as the holy grail.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.