Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Address Verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Address Verification

Hey..  Long time reader...new poster

I live in a flat with my fiance.  All of the utility bills are in his name.  I have a Linux card and a Cap One Venture card.  I applied for a Chase card about a week ago and they need address verification.  The only thing I get in the mail is my car insurance.  Any thoughts?  I'm guessing a state issued ID won't do it.  Thanks.  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Address Verification

@Anonymous wrote:

I live in a flat with my fiance.  All of the utility bills are in his name.  I have a Linux card and a Cap One Venture card.  I applied for a Chase card about a week ago and they need address verification.  The only thing I get in the mail is my car insurance.  Any thoughts?  I'm guessing a state issued ID won't do it.  Thanks.  

State-issued ID will work perfectly. It is the same as a driver's license in terms acting as an ID. It is government-issued and will have your address on it.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 2 of 9
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well you can't get any better than your drivers license Smiley Happy.

I would send in the license or state ID along with the insurance.  I guess if you want you can send a copy of the bills from your other CC;s (although I'm not totally sure about the CC's).  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yes a state issued id will work. Did they only require 1 item?
Message 4 of 9
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

State issued ID should be just fine.

Message 5 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Car insurance bill, bank account statement going to the address. cell phone bill going to the address?

state issued ID will do it, along with one of the above

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!!!  Would a regular envelope do?  Or should I use priority or express mail?  It's going to Chase Bank in wilmington deleware.

Message 7 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

a regular envelope will do. you can use express if you want it to arrive faster.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

FYI, if you have access to an IPhone which can take photos of the items, you can then email them or upload them to a computer and fax them electronically using FaxZero.

Faxes up to 3 pages are free, or you can fax up to 15 pages for 1.99 cents.

We use Fax Zero to send stuff to the VA, because they can't accept emails and email attachments because they are not "secure"

I'm just thinking outside the box to save you a stamp Plus Time Smiley Very Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.