Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Advice Needed

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Chase Advice Needed

I currently have a mortgage with Chase. I am 4 yrs. post bk which included a Chase CC. Does having a mortgage with Chase improve my chances of getting a CC with them again and how long should I wait to apply. Thanks in advance!!
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Advice Needed

how much did you burn chase for?

Having a banking relationship does help for Chase.

It really depends on a lot of factors whether they will give you a CC, such as how much did you burn them for?

Some people said Chase has a blacklist (not verified), and some people were given CCs by Chase post BK (most of them never burned Chase), and some were denied by Chase because of BK. It is really hard to tell you. There was someone who posted on this forums a few days ago that Chase recon wouldn't approve him for a bad debt 10+ years ago.

Do you have a checking account with them as well?

You can check on their website to see if you're pre-approved. If you are, you have a decent chance. Even if you are not, that does not mean you will be declined. You can always apply and see what happens. Worst case scenario it's just 1 inquiry wasted.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:
I currently have a mortgage with Chase. I am 4 yrs. post bk which included a Chase CC. Does having a mortgage with Chase improve my chances of getting a CC with them again and how long should I wait to apply. Thanks in advance!!

It might.....it would also help you to PIF your debt with Chase that you burned them for.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 26
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

1. $2,500
2. Nothing other than a mortgage
3. Opt-out so pre-approval site doesn't work for me.
Message 4 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

will you consider paying them back the 2500 if that's going to help you get their CC? This isn't guaranteed. You could pay them $2500 and they can still deny you, so that is something you want to think about.

I am not too familiar how to go about this. Maybe other people on this forums can post their opinion as well.

What you could do is just apply, and if denied, call recon and talk to them. Mention to them that you're interested in paying back that amount and see if they are willing to re-review it once its paid off, and after it's paid off, then call recon again and have them reconsider.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 26
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Great advice!! I think it's against their policy to accept payment for a CC that was IIB. Am I wrong?
Message 6 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:
Great advice!! I think it's against their policy to accept payment for a CC that was IIB. Am I wrong?

i am not too sure on that, but what i think is that they can't tell you to repay that money to qualify for future loans / credit cards, nor can they use repayment as a requirement for anything.

Message 7 of 26
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Makes perfect sense. However, I would rather qualify for a CC with them based on the good history I have established via mortgage.
Message 8 of 26
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Was your mortgage with Chase also IIB? In other words, did you include the Chase mortgage in BK, not reaffirm, and are just continuing to make payments?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 26
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

The mortgage is new and was not IIB.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.