Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Advice Needed

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Advice Needed

Okay well that is very good then. I think you have a shot but would need to pay the balance on the CC first.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 11 of 26
longclimbback
Regular Contributor

I had sort of the same situation with HSBC. I settled for less than full amount then offered to repay difference later on. Was told the debt was legally discharged so I couldn't repay. The bk card should be the same. My amount was only $500. For $2500, I'd save my money and look for a different card. Even if it was a secured card at least you'd save your money.
Message 12 of 26
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.
Message 13 of 26
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't get to wrapped up about it.  There are to many other good credit cards out there to get worked up over Chase.  Discover is extremely similar to Freedom.  There are several travel cards out there to rival CSP.   Unless your dying for one of their exlusive partnet cards I'd burn one HP to give it a shot and if shot down move on.

Message 14 of 26
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

I wouldn't get to wrapped up about it.  There are to many other good credit cards out there to get worked up over Chase.  Discover is extremely similar to Freedom.  There are several travel cards out there to rival CSP.   Unless your dying for one of their exlusive partnet cards I'd burn one HP to give it a shot and if shot down move on.

Totally agree!! Thanks!
Message 15 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

i recommend you just apply, and see if you're approved.

if you're approved, grats!

if you are not, call recon and try to appeal. if they bring up your BK, then you can consider whether you want to pay $2500 to help increase your chances. this $2500 payment is no guarantee for approval however, and you need to really think it through whether it is going to be worthwhile. If you really want a Chase card, then pay it back. If you are undecided, I would say just go with other banks. Other banks offer similar and comparable services/offers as Chase so you're not exactly losing out either.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 26
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I don't have my heart set on Chase. I have a Discover card and a Barclay card that I'm very pleased with. I wanted to add a 3rd and final CC to the mix but my options are limited due to a 4 yr old bk.
Message 17 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

i have heard that GE is pretty flexible with BK, so you can check that out. As for other prime lenders, I am not too sure which are BK friendly. A lot of them can be quite erratic about this. They would approve some and deny some, citing the BK, so it's really hard to tell. Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in on this

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 26
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Chase is not BK friendly at all. When was the BK filed? I was barely approved for the Freedom with a 9.4 year old Ch 7. It will finally delete in August. You may get declined just because of the BK. If you do apply, I'm curious what the result is so please post if you are willing.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 19 of 26
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Nevermind. I just saw it on page 1. 4 years post BK for Chase is probably too soon. In another 4-5 years you will have a better chance. It is a long wait post BK for prime lenders like Chase and Amex.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.