Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon CLI denied

tag
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon CLI denied

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

Nice thing about Experian is, once you get a free report through AnnualCreditReport, you can keep checking it indefinitely.

By indefinitely, do you mean it'll keep updating for free?? O.o

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 11 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@kc12286 wrote:
I'm assuming this is just because the statement hasn't closed.

They can't access your non-Chase accounts so they can only go by what has reported.  If you're relying on reduced balances for a CLI or app then make sure the changes have reported.  You can use a CMS to monitor.

@KennyS2006 wrote:
i would never CLI a chase card, to be honest. The odds just are never in anyone's favor.

It all depends on one's credit.  If one hasn't improved one's credit per Chase's critieria or doesn't have enough headroom according to their internal scoring then there's no reason to expect a CLI.  Chase certainly gives out CLI's and one can't just rely on generic odds.

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

I know that's the conventional advice, but should we be worried about apping for new cards in light of the recent AA reported here?

I wouldn't consider it sufficient evidence to indicate any sort of overall trend.  What you should or shouldn't do is your call to make.

@kc12286 wrote:
I meant that some of the updated balances hadn't reported. But she did also cite some delinquency that I'm pretty sure is incorrect. I said I've never been delinquent with this account and she said, well it was awhile ago.

Derogs are always a major issue.  Work on getting it removed.  See the rebuilding subforum.

Message 12 of 15
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

@colinstu wrote:

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

Nice thing about Experian is, once you get a free report through AnnualCreditReport, you can keep checking it indefinitely.

By indefinitely, do you mean it'll keep updating for free?? O.o

It's one report in the 7 day free trial with money after that. If you call them, they will give you a discount. You can then pull one every 24 hours if you want.  

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 13 of 15
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

IIRC, this is from about 7-8 years ago. I believe with a freedom card that I canceled. I've had no issues since then. It seems pointless to ask to have them removed after this much time has passed. Clearly my credit can't be that bad since I'm still getting approvals, CLIs from Discover and mailers from credit card companies.

Honestly I'm half tempted to pay down a bunch and either app for another one or app for a slate and then as someone suggested close the new account and ask to have the CL transferred to this account. But I'll wait on that. Next to my discover card it's the only worth while rewards card.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 14 of 15
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

No, I'm referring to the government-mandated yearly free credit reports. When you pull your Experian under this process, it gives you the option to write down your report number, so you can view your report for the following 90 days.

Here's the cool part: every time you check your report for free with that report number, it shows you the updated report. *And*, every time you check, it resets the 90 day clock.

FICOs: EX (per Amex, 1/20/18): 830 | TU (per Discover, 1/20/18): 817

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Drawer: Hella More
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.