Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Card

So I opened the card in late Decemeber got a limit of 2500$. Since it's such a sweet deal for me to get those points for Amazon, I put everything I could on it and would have to pay it off before the due date, because it's not enough for my monthly spendings. They doubled it to 5000 a few days ago. Would this be the time to call them and ask for more? Or should I wait? It just bugs me that the card has like a 50%+ balance on it at all times, I pay the previous balance in full before the due date, so no APR on it. Even with the 5k on it, I would fill it up within a month putting all the other things I wanted to put on it before.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Card

I usually don't advise people to call Chase and ask for a credit limit increase. It -will- be a hard pull, and that pull won't be anywhere near as fruitful as if you just applied for another card and transferred the limit. Granted, I'm sure there are those who don't like the AAoA hit; however, I've read enough posts of people either getting denied or receiving very small increases via CLIs with Chase. I've reached a point where I essentially expect to get compensated (points/certificates/cash) for any inquiries I expend. Feel free to call and ask for a limit increase if you'd rather go that route, however. The fact that they doubled your limit is a good sign.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I opened the card in late Decemeber got a limit of 2500$. Since it's such a sweet deal for me to get those points for Amazon, I put everything I could on it and would have to pay it off before the due date, because it's not enough for my monthly spendings. They doubled it to 5000 a few days ago. Would this be the time to call them and ask for more? Or should I wait? It just bugs me that the card has like a 50%+ balance on it at all times, I pay the previous balance in full before the due date, so no APR on it. Even with the 5k on it, I would fill it up within a month putting all the other things I wanted to put on it before.

With Chase, Calling them to request an increase will be a hardpull.   if you shop on Amazon alot, another card you need to look into is the Salliemae.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one of the few times where the store card may beat out the regular cards. If you shop at Amazon a lot, you probably have Prime. The Amazon store card (NOT THE CHASE VISA) gives unlimited 5% back to Prime holders. You may have more luck building that line through SPs. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg, why didn't I see the Amazon card before had a 5%. Getting one next week. Thank you. I decided to wait it out and just keep loading it.

Message 5 of 10
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Omg, why didn't I see the Amazon card before had a 5%. Getting one next week. Thank you. I decided to wait it out and just keep loading it.

Ensure it's 5% back. There are other Amazon Store Card versions and they all look the same. The credit lines are smallish, so don't close your chase card. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's 5 percent Cashback or deferred cash back
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean deferred financing .
Message 8 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

I usually don't advise people to call Chase and ask for a credit limit increase. It -will- be a hard pull, and that pull won't be anywhere near as fruitful as if you just applied for another card and transferred the limit. Granted, I'm sure there are those who don't like the AAoA hit; however, I've read enough posts of people either getting denied or receiving very small increases via CLIs with Chase. I've reached a point where I essentially expect to get compensated (points/certificates/cash) for any inquiries I expend. Feel free to call and ask for a limit increase if you'd rather go that route, however. The fact that they doubled your limit is a good sign.

Good luck.

+1 completely agree. If you're gonna take a hit. May as well get another card. For maximum limit increase. 

Message 9 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Would this be the time to call them and ask for more?

Impossible to say based on the information provided.  A CLI is granted if your credit and income qualify.  With Chase you have to have sufficient headroom versus their internal limit for you.  They CLI they granted you really doesn't tell us anything about all of that.  You also have to be willing to incur a hard pull if you request a CLI from Chase.

@Anonymous wrote:

Omg, why didn't I see the Amazon card before had a 5%.

Make sure you carefully research before taking action in future.

Also note that it's the Amazon Prime store card with 5%.  It requires Prime membership.   Also make sure that you compare the benefits of the cards if they matter to you.  IIRC the store card does not offer warranty extension, price protection, etc.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.