Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Credit Line Increases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Credit Line Increases

So I received an email saying that Amazon Chase rewards now allows me to request an cli without getting an inquiry. Has anyone else received an email from Chase?

I was able to request and get my amazon card bumped up
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon Credit Line Increases

Just checked but nothing for me...boo. Congrats on your bump!
Message 2 of 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Nothing here yet and considering its my lowest limit card at $5k SL, I'd like a bump up. 

Message 3 of 8
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Chase sends out the SP CLI emails occasionally to people that they really like.

Like my GF. She has a Disney Visa, that gets NO use. CL was $8500, a few months back she got that email... clicked on the link and got a $4K SP CLI

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No email like that here, bummer for me, congrats for you!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I received an email saying that Amazon Chase rewards now allows me to request an cli without getting an inquiry. Has anyone else received an email from Chase?

I was able to request and get my amazon card bumped up

Can you provide some more info about your Amazon account here?  Things I'm wondering is how long you've had it, what your SL was on the account and how much you typically spent on it per month.  Also, did you PIF or carry a balance? 

When you received the email and requested the SP CLI that you were invited to take, what was your CLI amount?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. I guess I got a little excited considering this is my lowest limit cc. lol fltireguy is right. looks to be invitation only. reading the email again it appears that it has an expiration date to request the cli by a certain date.

@BrutalBodyShots I have had the card since April 2016. I was approved for $500 SL and had an auto increase of $500 once bringing my limit to $1,000. Today I requested and they bumped me to $2,000 it's not much but better than nothing. I typically spend between $100-200 a month. I usually pif but lately I have been carrying a small balance.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info above.  I'm always curious to hear about monthly spends relative to credit limit as I believe personally that's the biggest factor in receiving auto (or in this case invited) CLIs.

So if you were typically spending $100-$200 per month on a $1000 card, you were running 10%-20% of your limit through it.  I find this to be a great example, as you can just add a zero to everything and get my potential numbers, as my card has a $10000 limit.  So, if I were to run $1000-$2000 per month through my Amazon for a similar period of time, I may see a similar result as you, that is, being offered a CLI.  I find these types of data points fascinating.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.