Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon, Freedom advice & comparison

tag
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon, Freedom advice & comparison

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditDunce wrote:

I would be very surprised if you can get both cards using the same HP(s).    I haven't heard anything about the Chase Amazon CC, but I believe the Freedom is now a double pull.  At least it was for me last spring.

Double pulls are purely individual, Chase and Citi double pull me for everything, for many other people they don't.

OP, simply decide what card is best for you.  For purchases on Amazon up to about $12K per year, the Sallie Mae card gives more back.  If the 2% are useful, fine, but the extra 1% over a 1% card  takes a while to add up!

In another thread, someone claimed Chase started double pulling for the Freedom last spring.   I don't know if it is true or not.  I was not a boder line approval, but they did double pull me.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditDunce wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditDunce wrote:

I would be very surprised if you can get both cards using the same HP(s).    I haven't heard anything about the Chase Amazon CC, but I believe the Freedom is now a double pull.  At least it was for me last spring.

Double pulls are purely individual, Chase and Citi double pull me for everything, for many other people they don't.

OP, simply decide what card is best for you.  For purchases on Amazon up to about $12K per year, the Sallie Mae card gives more back.  If the 2% are useful, fine, but the extra 1% over a 1% card  takes a while to add up!

In another thread, someone claimed Chase started double pulling for the Freedom last spring.   I don't know if it is true or not.  I was not a boder line approval, but they did double pull me.

Single pulled TU for Wife in May.

Message 12 of 14
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Single pulled TU for me a year and a half agoish
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 13 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditDunce wrote:

Almost certainly part of the "My experience is universal" mindset!  That person was double-pulled, hadn't been double-pulled before, so "Chase is double-pulling on Freedom"   At the time people were going for the $200 bonus, few reports of double pulling

And it seems to be little to do with borderline, I get it from Citi and Chase, and not from others.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.