Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Visa

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Visa

@Anonymouswrote:

With 770 scores you should be good to get one or both cards from Chase.  You're well below their "5/24" rule so you should be able to get the Freedom, and if you get that you'll certainly be able to get the Amazon since that one is even easier to qualify for.  I'd go for the Freedom first and then the Amazon.  Even if it results in 2 inquiries that won't be the end of the world, and I think Chase will re-use the same inquiry if it's within 30 days.

Chase combines inquiries for apps within 24 hours, not 30 days.  BoA are the ones who do 30 days.

Adding another vote for Freedom first.  Freedom is subject to the 5/24 rule, Amazon is not.  If there are any Chase 5/24 cards you are remotely interested in, you'll want to move those to the top of your list.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I would be instantly approved for both of the cards on the same day or will I probably have to recon for one of them? Thanks!

Message 12 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Hey All,

I have a few questions that I couldn't really find any data points for. I heard that this card is easier to get than normal with Chase is this true? I am thinking about applying for this card in June for my 21st and I was wondering if I apped for both this card and the Chase Freedom would my inqs be combined or would there be two separate pulls? Also is it wise to try and get two Chase cards for my first go with Chase, I am not "in with Chase" and I closed a savings account with them about 7 months ago so I don't have any connections with them right now, or should I just go for one and wait for the second? Thank you all for your insight and help!

1. Well I got it, how card could it be? Actually it's easier than the pure Chase cards because it doesn't have the 5/24 rule, but other than that it's not really easy to get.

2. I'm told you can get 2 cards with 1 pull from Chase. But sometimes, even for 1 card, Chase will pull 2 bureaus.

3. Personally I would go slowly with them, and just apply for one at a time.

4. I find the Amazon Prime Visa more useful than I would find the Freedom card, but since  Freedom is subject to 5/24 and Amazon card isn't, you should probably go for the Freedom first.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Maybe I should've been clearer so I apologize. I'm a 20 year old college student, so I meant 21st birthday not 21st credit card. I have 2 credit cards (Discover IT Student and JetBlue Mastercard) I am looking to add two or a few more cards to my wallet in June when I turn 21. I was planning to get in the door with Chase by applying for the Freedom and the Amazon card to combine the inqs. I am also looking at possibly Cap1 QS or Citi DC, but I think if I got two Chase cards I would stop there.

Some stats, my first card was the discover it student card in August 2015 that has a 4,600 limit and 13.49% APR. My next card was JetBlue Mastercard May 2016 with a $1,500 limit and a 22.24% APR. So I have one hard pull on my record as of now (Barclay TU) but it falls off in May and I have a 770 TU and 770 EQ I'd probably put down like $36,000ish for income. I have no baddies, lates or delinquencies. Squeaky clean but thin file I'm not an authorized user on any cards nor have I been so everything I have as far as credit is all me.

Based on what you're saying here, I think you should apply for just one of the cards, and the one you apply for should be the one you would find most useful.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW I just got approved for the FU and denied on the Amazon

Message 15 of 21
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I think that's better than the opposite outcome.  FU is one of Chase's core family of cards, so now you're in with Chase.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpperNwGuywrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I think that's better than the opposite outcome.  FU is one of Chase's core family of cards, so now you're in with Chase.

That is really good to know. Thank you :-)

Does that mean they'll offer me better cards like the Sapphire Preferred one day? Hrmmmm? :-D

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait 6 months- 1 year. Also, before applying for the CSP make sure you have at least one card with a $5,000 limit current.

@Anonymous wrote:

@UpperNwGuywrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

That is really good to know. Thank you :-)

Does that mean they'll offer me better cards like the Sapphire Preferred one day? Hrmmmm? :-D

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could potentially be offered CSP one day but that will have very little to do with the FU card. It's all about credit score and your overall credit worthiness.
Message 19 of 21
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

It's good that you got your foot in the Chase door with FU. And, as cosmicblight pointed out, there's no way you would be approved for CSP without first having a 5k CL card. Of course, you'll have to have the usual good FICOs, Util. and stated income. It will definitely help you with Chase to have a checking acct. with them with automatic deposit. The latter will also get you $200. I got FU first (after opening my account w/ auto dep.) and got the CL up to 6K. Then, got a Disc IT w/6K SL. Then, I apped in-branch for CSP and got a very good SL. I delayed pulling the trigger until the FICOs were high, the Util and HPs low and all removable baddies removed. I'm waiting until Disc's incredible first year rewards end to get the Freedom. Then, I'll have the Chase trifecta. I'm working on my garden.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.