Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Question

tag
Techie03
Established Member

Chase Amazon Question

GM all!!! Yesterday I applied on Amazons website for the Chase Amazon Card. The response was "An immediate decision about your application can not be provided as it requires further review. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days". It then lists 4 steps to take if you are approved. I guess it's better than being denied outright, but is there a number I can call for a status update or anything I can do in the meantime.
Thanks for the help!!
AmEx PRG (AU), AmEx BCP 25k, AmEx SPG 8.5k, CSP 10k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Chase Amazon 5k, Xcel FCU 7.5k HSN 3.8k, Barclays 2k, Bestbuy 10k, Discover IT 1.2k, Cap1 $2k, Cap1 $1.5k, Total Rewards 4k.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditHammer

Re: Chase Amazon Question

@Techie03 wrote:
GM all!!! Yesterday I applied on Amazons website for the Chase Amazon Card. The response was "An immediate decision about your application can not be provided as it requires further review. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days". It then lists 4 steps to take if you are approved. I guess it's better than being denied outright, but is there a number I can call for a status update or anything I can do in the meantime.
Thanks for the help!!

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

Call and work the Recon

Message 2 of 10
samset93

+1 always recon. never hurts to ask! Smiley Happy

Cap One Journey .5k auto CLI to .75k | Chase Freedom 1k | BestBuy Store Card 1.2k | MSU Federal Credit Union Visa 4k | Discover IT-Student 1k auto CLI to 1.3k | Amex BCE 2k CLI to 6k | CSP 5k
Message 3 of 10
Techie03
Established Member

Thanks so much Credithammer!! Just called and spoke with a wonderful rep, she asked a few security questions, then approved me for $5k! My highest limit yet. After being declined more than twice, I finally got my card.
Thanks again,,,
AmEx PRG (AU), AmEx BCP 25k, AmEx SPG 8.5k, CSP 10k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Chase Amazon 5k, Xcel FCU 7.5k HSN 3.8k, Barclays 2k, Bestbuy 10k, Discover IT 1.2k, Cap1 $2k, Cap1 $1.5k, Total Rewards 4k.
Message 4 of 10
CreditHammer

@Techie03 wrote:
Thanks so much Credithammer!! Just called and spoke with a wonderful rep, she asked a few security questions, then approved me for $5k! My highest limit yet. After being declined more than twice, I finally got my card.
Thanks again,,,

You're welcome and congratulations! Mind sharing what your scores are?

Message 5 of 10
Techie03
Established Member

Sure, Equifax 703, TU and Ex I'm going to pull today. I applied for the Amex SPG over the weekend, called for recon yesterday only to get a rude rep that said my TU credit score was 640. I thought having the Amex Gold as a Auth User would've helped, but I guess not. Sorry for going off-topic, but the TU 640 gave me reason to pull both today. I will def update later when I find out.
Message 6 of 10
CreditHammer

@Techie03 wrote:
Sure, Equifax 703, TU and Ex I'm going to pull today. I applied for the Amex SPG over the weekend, called for recon yesterday only to get a rude rep that said my TU credit score was 640. I thought having the Amex Gold as a Auth User would've helped, but I guess not. Sorry for going off-topic, but the TU 640 gave me reason to pull both today. I will def update later when I find out.

Good Luck and I hope the app success continues Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
TM82
Regular Contributor

The quality and friendliness of Amex reps are slowly going down while Chase seems to keep on improving.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 8 of 10
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@TM82 wrote:
The quality and friendliness of Amex reps are slowly going down while Chase seems to keep on improving.

+1

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.