cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Rewards..... best way to ask for a CLI ?

tag
JOHNINAZ
New Contributor

Chase Amazon Rewards..... best way to ask for a CLI ?

Had this 8 months now, dont use it a ton but I do and always pay in full. Has a 1000 limit now but read some people get CLI's after there 4-6th payment. Whats the easiest way to try and get one, call them ? TIA

Starting Score: 539
Current Score: 645,630,615
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Rewards..... best way to ask for a CLI ?

@JOHNINAZ wrote:

Had this 8 months now, dont use it a ton but I do and always pay in full. Has a 1000 limit now but read some people get CLI's after there 4-6th payment. Whats the easiest way to try and get one, call them ? TIA

One way is to app for another Chase card and move part of the limit of that one over.

You can try SM but that will also be a HP.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@chalupaman wrote:

@JOHNINAZ wrote:

One way is to app for another Chase card and move part of the limit of that one over.

You can try SM but that will also be a HP.

This is provided the OP is approved for another Chase CC.

Either way OP, it's going to be a HP.  The decision is up to you on whether you want to chance an approval and lower AAoA or if you don't want to open another Chase CC,  then cast your fate to the wind and try for a CLI.

Message 3 of 5
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Just make sure your utilization is low, Chase doesn't like high util and will give you a mediocre CLI.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 5
JOHNINAZ
New Contributor

Well I called them, asked for 2K and they gave it to me. Now I wish I would have asked for 3 or 5K. Either way thats actually the first time I have ever called a CCC and asked for a credit line increase. Im pretty happy..... but dont want to spend a dime of it so my scores go up now, LOL.

Starting Score: 539
Current Score: 645,630,615
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.