Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa 5% food through May 31 cap 1500

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Chase Amazon Visa 5% food through May 31 cap 1500

Title says it.. Just got email..  Not a bad deal at all..  5% food through expiration period up to 1500$.  Enjoy all!

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 2.04.07 PM.png

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa 5% food through May 31 cap 1500

Oooooooooh! Thanks for the heads up!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang, haven't even gotten my card yet, wish I qualified.

Message 3 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I never get those emails (and the link never has worked, either.)

I think it's Chase's way of keeping me in my place.  Smiley Indifferent

noSoup.jpg

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!  I haven't gotten any emails with offers like this... yet.  I'm guessing they only target a select few with these offers rather than give them to everyone.

Or maybe I need a longer account history with them... I've had the card less than 2 months, haven't even had an actual payment due yet, though that's coming up next month.

Message 5 of 12
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

No such luck here... Smiley Sad   Just a thought...I wonder if offers such as these are sent to those who spend on their card outside of Amazon?  If so, then that would be a reason that I never receive any offer.  My card has never actually been swiped or dipped anywhere.  It was loaded in to my Amazon account when I was approved and the card is still inside the mailing envelope.

Message 6 of 12
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriositywrote:

Title says it.. Just got email..  Not a bad deal at all..  5% food through expiration period up to 1500$.  Enjoy all!

Why would they send you an offer that Started on March 1st and today is March 29th?  I would hover over but not click that activate button.  I'm thinking this might be a phising email.   I didn't think this card offered any type  of rotating catagories.  I would be really careful with this offer. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 7 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@MakingProgresswrote:

@CreditCuriositywrote:

Why would they send you an offer that Started on March 1st and today is March 29th?  I would hover over but not click that activate button.  I'm thinking this might be a phising email.   I didn't think this card offered any type  of rotating catagories.  I would be really careful with this offer. 

Maybe they just now checked their email? Or Chase just now sent it? Doctor of credit had an article about it earlier this month, it seems. 

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-chase-amazon-5-cash-back-restaurants/amp/

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

There's a direct link to check on the offer in the DofC article. I will check once I get home, since I don't have the card in hand. And more than likely, if they sent the email to people earlier, the DH probably missed or ignored it. 🙄

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 9 of 12
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

From the DoC link it does look legit.  I am somewhat parinoid about emails with offers that see out of the ordinary.   Has the Chase Amazon card done anything similar in the past?

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.