cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa Increases Rewards to 5% - LIVE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon Visa Increases Rewards to 5% - LIVE!

How do you upgrade? I didn't see anything. Mine is still showing 3.
Message 61 of 185
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How do you upgrade? I didn't see anything. Mine is still showing 3.

Are you prime?   In my case, under the 3%, there was a link saying something like "You could be earning 5%" and I just clicked that

Message 62 of 185
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

If you are a Prime member and go into your Amazon wallet the card details for your Amazon card will show your earning rate and indicate that you eligible to earn 5%.  After clicking on "Learn How" and entering your credit card number, it upgrades that card in your Amazon account and shows the earning rate at 5%.  From what I have read online, it appears that Chase will automatically mail out new cards.

Message 63 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I applied too early. Was approved Saturday after a few hours of pending. Smiley Sad
Message 64 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found it.
It looks as though we who have the "Amazon rewards Visa Signature Card" will not be upgraded to the "Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Sig" and that we will only be upgraded to getting 5% back. This means no cool metal card and no card with no FTF.
Message 65 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did you read Chase will send out new cards? On that link it reads to me that we will just get the 5% rewards but other than that our cards will stay the same. Maybe I'm reading it wrong
Message 66 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I found it.
It looks as though we who have the "Amazon rewards Visa Signature Card" will not be upgraded to the "Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Sig" and that we will only be upgraded to getting 5% back. This means no cool metal card and no card with no FTF.

Can you please confirm the source of this info? Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 185
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Where did you read Chase will send out new cards? On that link it reads to me that we will just get the 5% rewards but other than that our cards will stay the same. Maybe I'm reading it wrong

Courtest of JDt a few pages back: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170111005311/en/

Also, after upgrading in my Amazon wallet, the picture of my credit card changes from the regular Amazon card to the Amazon Prime card and reflects a new expiration date as well.

Message 68 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Article on USA Today states we will be upgraded if and only if we meet all the requirements which one is "having Chase Visa listed as your EXCLUSIVE payment method on Amazon"
Message 69 of 185
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Article on USA Today states we will be upgraded if and only if we meet all the requirements which one is "having Chase Visa listed as your EXCLUSIVE payment method on Amazon"

I posted this link a few pages back, but the fine print on Amazon's website says if "You link a different card account to your Prime membership."  I.e., the card you use to pay your prime membership.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202109390 

Message 70 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.