Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa affected by 5/24?

tag
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa affected by 5/24?

10/4!! I have opened 0 accounts with them in the past 41 years so I think I'm safe here ...
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 11 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Kutuzov wrote:
10/4!! I have opened 0 accounts with them in the past 41 years so I think I'm safe here ...

It's not accounts with Chase, ANY credit card account counts towards the 5/24

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kutuzov wrote:

not just them..... any new accounts at all from any lender.

Message 13 of 18
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Ahhhhhhh .... I have opened 3 accounts in the past 2 years and 1 of them is almost 2 years old. Is just cc or other types of credit count? Like auto loans etc.?
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 14 of 18
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Kutuzov wrote:
Ahhhhhhh .... I have opened 3 accounts in the past 2 years and 1 of them is almost 2 years old. Is just cc or other types of credit count? Like auto loans etc.?

Just credit cards (including store cards)

Message 15 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Just to re-state, the 5/24 rule only applies to the Chase CSP, Freedom (traditional and Unlimited), and Slate. 

So far (at least as of now) it is not impacting applications for any of the co-brand cards, such as the Amazon Visa card. 

Message 16 of 18
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

I read in multiple places online that the 5/24 will apply to co-branding in April (Ibelieve along w/ the business cards too, but obviously you have to be careful about what you read online).

Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 17 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@BeeH11 wrote:

I read in multiple places online that the 5/24 will apply to co-branding in April (Ibelieve along w/ the business cards too, but obviously you have to be careful about what you read online).

I agree; I've read that in multiple places as well, but we don't know for sure.  Also, after a little while the various online sites start to cite each other as sources, so it can be hard to tell the facts from the 'echo-chamber'.

That's also why I included "at least as of now" in my statement above... things are constantly changing.  Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.