Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa now 14.49-22.49% APR

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Chase Amazon Visa now 14.49-22.49% APR

After seeing willwar's thread about the Marriott being a range of APRs based on creditworthiness, I got curious and jumped on Chase's site and checked out the other cobranded cards and it looks like the Amazon visa also has an APR range now.

image.png

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa now 14.49-22.49% APR

My Amazon visa has a 22% apr. it's had the range since I opened the card a year ago. The Marriott and csp so far are the ones that have changed.
Message 2 of 10
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Indeed, the Amazon Visa has had an APR range for many years now. I don't remember what mine is, but it definitely wasn't a single APR card from Chase.

Message 3 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I would tend to believe most of the co-branded cards will probably get a range now as Chase is just getting appears to be getting more greedy or offsetting the risk of certain people with higher apr's.  If a bank can find a way to make more money they will.  It has hit the CSP/Marriott so far and pretty sure it will come to the other cards from them sooner than later that had a set apr.

What will be intersting is to see if the existing cardmembers will be grandfathered in or if they are to expect an apr increase if they don't meet certain criteria.

Message 4 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I would tend to believe most of the co-branded cards will probably get a range now as Chase is just getting appears to be getting more greedy or offsetting the risk of certain people with higher apr's.  If a bank can find a way to make more money they will.  It has hit the CSP/Marriott so far and pretty sure it will come to the other cards from them sooner than later that had a set apr.

What will be intersting is to see if the existing cardmembers will be grandfathered in or if they are to expect an apr increase if they don't meet certain criteria.

Then, can we expect an apr reduction if score improves?  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I swear to Odin I better be Grandfathered in.  I love you Chase, but you throw around this 5/24 crap on your cobranded and you change the fixed ApR...STAPPPHH. EEEETT. We love you.  Quit being greedy. You will get our money. 

Times are a' changin.

Message 6 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Then, can we expect an apr reduction if score improves?  Smiley Wink

lol we are talking Chase here.. Only works one way it goes up, not downSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got my Amazon Chase card a year ago it had a range, so this isn't new..
Message 8 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
When I got my Amazon Chase card a year ago it had a range, so this isn't new..

Not new for that card, but other cards in their line up it is

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I meant to say is, it's not new for the Amazon card.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.