Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa reporting.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Visa reporting.

I got my card in February.  On 3/16 it was reported for the first time.  Well, I PIF'ed the card over the weekend and this morning it reported again with a $0 balance.  How does Chase report on a monthly basis?  I expected it to report my statement balance a few days after the statement cuts.  Did it report this way just because it's a new card?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Amazon Visa reporting.

Chase is known to if you pay off balance to do mid cycle reporting etc.  Otherwise it reports a few days after statement cut

This can actually be helpful if you carry balances to boost your fico score if you are carrying once on the chase card it will give you a slight score boost.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my card in February.  On 3/16 it was reported for the first time.  Well, I PIF'ed the card over the weekend and this morning it reported again with a $0 balance.  How does Chase report on a monthly basis?  I expected it to report my statement balance a few days after the statement cuts.  Did it report this way just because it's a new card?

When you pay a card down it immediately with Chase, it updates all CRAs immediately... I get that also and it is smething they do.  I for one am happy they do it.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome news.  Does that mean when my statement cuts next week they're going to report again?

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

That's awesome news.  Does that mean when my statement cuts next week they're going to report again?

Yes that is your "offical" monthly report.. The other reports are just reflecting a 0 balance and are off cycle ones.  That one will report a few days after the statement is cut so say your statemetn cuts on the the 14th of next week it should show on your CB's on the 16th or 17th.  Hope this helps

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes that is your "offical" monthly report.. The other reports are just reflecting a 0 balance and are off cycle ones.  That one will report a few days after the statement is cut so say your statemetn cuts on the the 14th of next week it should show on your CB's on the 16th or 17th.  Hope this helps

That is very helpful.  My CLs are low so I have to do some juggling in order to maximize activity but ensure that my balances are $0 when the statement cuts.  Hopefully I'll get a large enough CL that I'll be able to carry a few grand at the end of the month and stay under 10%.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.