Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa-way into CSP?

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Amazon Visa-way into CSP?

Chase amazon is a nice card. I"ll take fixed catagories over rotating catagories any day of the week.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 16
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Chase relies on an internal scoring model just like Amex does, so yes using your amazon card properly will help you. Keep in mind that if you get the Freedom sometime next year, you'll probably only be able to get one more Chase card. They don't like to give out more than 3-5 personal cards to people, and given your scores are very mediocre by their standards I'd be expecting a limit of 3 and not 5. Choose very carefully.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 16
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

After Freedom the only other Chase product I want is CSP. I'm good with my 3 Chase limit if I had those 3.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

LOL this thread is making me feel bad for not applying for the Chase Amazon! I played it safe and said hey I'm gonna apply for the store card...damn...oh well...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 16
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I would only app for the cards you want. You've already gotten a Chase cc. So, if you really want the CSP, I wouldn't waste my time (and AAoA!) getting a Freedom. Just let your pos history w/the Amazon card and your CR/FICO qualify you for the CSP. Smiley Happy

I kind of have to agree about the rotating categories. While I have enjoyed the 5% on restaurants this quarter, I have NO idea what next quarter is going to be and if I'll have any use for it. Plus, they set it up so you have to register each quarter in order to earn rewards. Why make us jump through those hoops every quarter? I jumped on Freedom because there was a really good offer at the time, but the Amazon card looks really nice! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Why would someone need 5 chase accounts? Lot of eggs in one basket.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.