Established Member
Joel282

Chase Amazon Visa

Im thinking of applying for the chase bank amazon visa. On the website it says its available as a visa or signature visa. If I apply how do they decide which I qualify for or do I need to apply and request an upgrade?
I'm not really sure how the visa / signature visa deal works.
Frequent Contributor
somnipotent

Re: Chase Amazon Visa

Depends on the limit you get.  5k+ should be a VisaSig, but I'd call the backdoor if approved and request it if you really want it. 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Omaplatypus wrote:

Depends on the limit you get.  5k+ should be a VisaSig, but I'd call the backdoor if approved and request it if you really want it. 

+1

Won't be a siggy unless it is 5k+

Established Member
Joel282

The reason I ask is because if you get the signature visa they offer you a significantly lower interest rate.
What's the deal with the reporting of a visa signature card? I have been reading a lot of information about the card and don't really understand how it reports differently than regular cards.
Frequent Contributor
brother7

I applied last week for the Chase Amazon VISA. I didn't realize there were 2 types until I read this post. Logged onto Amazon and discovered I was approved for the VISA Signature! I still don't know what my credit limit is. Guess I'll have to wait to receive the card.

I wonder which CRA they pulled. Since I didn't get a ScoreWatch or CreditKarma alert, I'm guessing that they pulled EX.

11/02/2012 Peak - EQ 790 (ScoreWatch EQ FICO)
08/22/2014 Current - EQ 796 (Priceline TU FICO 08 Classic)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 09/07/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+