Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon vs Amazon Store card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon vs Amazon Store card

what's the difference between these cards?
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon vs Amazon Store card

Just take a look at the benefits of both listed on the sites and you'll see what you get with both.

From the top of my head, you get either 5% cashback on all purchases $149 or less with the Amazon Store card if you have Amazon Prime already or special financing for 6, 12, or 18 months.

Amazon Chase Visa comes with 3% cashback at Amazon, 2% at drugstores and restaurants, and 1% on everything else.

If you already got Amazon Prime, I'd go with Amazon Store card over Amazon Chase Visa quite frankly.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
what's the difference between these cards?

With the Amazon store card, you get 5% back of everything you buy unlike earning points on the Chase Amazon which can redeem for purchases.  The Amazon store card is also gives you prime shipping which the Chase card doesn't offer....

Unknown 6.png

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'm on my cellphone and had trouble searching the archives here. I always just think to search peer reviews through you guys and credit karma. I should have just looked on the sites!
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, with your scores, I would just apply for Sallie Mae. 

Message 5 of 27
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Just take a look at the benefits of both listed on the sites and you'll see what you get with both.

From the top of my head, you get either 5% cashback on all purchases $149 or less with the Amazon Store card if you have Amazon Prime already or special financing for 6, 12, or 18 months.

Amazon Chase Visa comes with 3% cashback at Amazon, 2% at drugstores and restaurants, and 1% on everything else.

If you already got Amazon Prime, I'd go with Amazon Store card over Amazon Chase Visa quite frankly.

men I'll take a credit card over a store card imo. I also don't like that it's A) tied into prime and B) only a statement credit 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 6 of 27
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly, with your scores, I would just apply for Sallie Mae. 

Why bother. The amazon store card is unlimited 5% back with no cap. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 7 of 27
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

I have both and if I had to choose one it would be Sallie Mae simply because of versatility. We don't typically exceed $1500/mo at Amazon and the 5% gas and grocery is tough to beat albeit the smaller $250 caps, though somewhat restrictive, are fine for many. If you looking for Amazon exclusively, then it's closer to a push.

Frankly, there isn't much reason to own the Chase Amazon card.

Message 8 of 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Why would you choose Sallie over Amazon Store? With Amazon Store you get 5 percent unlimited.

Not only is Sallie capped (admittedly you have to spend a lot to exceed it) but the amazon benefits with sallie is more of a coding coincidence than an intended feature. It could be nerfed or removed at any point and I'd guess sooner or later it will be. It's not an advertised benefit of the card and it's capped. So I'd just go for amazon store.

Amazon Visa - I had one - the rewards are fairly unimpressive.
Message 9 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I have the Chase and Synchrony versions and before the change almost never used the store card. There is no comparison for me, unlimited 5% and free 1-2 day shipping (depending on Amazons mood) makes the Chase version useless.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.