Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon vs Store Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon vs Store Card

People get the Amazon cash back cards for cash back while shopping on Amazon -- we all know that.

However, if one is a prime member, what is the point of getting the Chase version that only offers 3% back?

The store card gives back 5% on statement credit and also has the possibility of offering financing options.

The 2% cash back (restaurant/gas) for the Chase can be replaced by other cards. 

So what's the deal with everyone having two of these cards IF someone has prime? 

Thanks for any responses!

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon vs Store Card

it's flat out pointless lol
Message 2 of 37
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I have both. I've had both versions for years. The Chase card was worth it for the formerly bigger discount and Synchrony was worth it for large CLI and financing offers. With the recent changes the store card gets all of my Amazon spend. So I think a lot of people had the Chase version for years because at the time, it gave a better discount than the Store Card.
Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh I see now. What was the previous rewards structure? 

@B335is wrote:
I have both. I've had both versions for years. The Chase card was worth it for the formerly bigger discount and Synchrony was worth it for large CLI and financing offers. With the recent changes the store card gets all of my Amazon spend. So I think a lot of people had the Chase version for years because at the time, it gave a better discount than the Store Card.

Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish i had the store card and not the chase. I wasnt watching last summer when i got it.

The chase card gives 2% back in gas and drug stores, so if you're not one of the fortunate citi users, its an option to attack some saving potential there.. I was planning on parking my chase amazon  but i do notice that with the plenti points (no laughing) at rite aid it still has a little value. I do spend 150-200 a month on amazon.

FINALLY someone on here who has both cards! I applied 2 times this year, one pre spree with 3 inquiries, and another time with more, and was denied. I guess i have hope next year.

Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have both and the chase amazon is SD'd for good lol.
Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't realize there was a Amazon "store" card.  I only see the Visa credit card on their main page but was never impressed with it therefore i never gave it any thought.  I wish i knew about the store card before i equipped my mom's home theater setup...

Message 7 of 37
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Move limit to freedom?

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 37
onstar
Established Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Move limit to freedom?

Does Chase make you wait xx months before you can move limits?

My Chase Amazon is like 8 months old. Can I move limits to my Marriott which is 6 months old?

Back on topic, yeah, the Chase Amazon is MOSTLY useless. IT IS USEFUL in the following instances:

(1) To pay for the Amazon Prime membership. The $99 AF cannot be paid for by the Amazon Store Card. Why? Weird. Dunno.

(2) They sometimes have specials where you save $ by using the Chase Amazon Visa. On the otherwise lame Amazon Prime Day, they had a promo code for $20 off $100 if you used the Chase Amazon Visa.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@onstar wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Move limit to freedom?

Does Chase make you wait xx months before you can move limits?

My Chase Amazon is like 8 months old. Can I move limits to my Marriott which is 6 months old?

Back on topic, yeah, the Chase Amazon is MOSTLY useless. IT IS USEFUL in the following instances:

(1) To pay for the Amazon Prime membership. The $99 AF cannot be paid for by the Amazon Store Card. Why? Weird. Dunno.

(2) They sometimes have specials where you save $ by using the Chase Amazon Visa. On the otherwise lame Amazon Prime Day, they had a promo code for $20 off $100 if you used the Chase Amazon Visa.

To your (1) You can use Sallie Mae or Amex BCP to buy $99 Amazon gift and spend it on Prime for 5% or 6% back respectively.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.