Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase And Their New Account Service Charges

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Re: Chase And Their New Account Service Charges

Im blacklisted by Chase I think... I had a BK 3 years ago and I owed them 2k. My wife with the same last name cant even get their card .... scores in the mid 700s. She got a denial letter that says "Thank you for your interest in our credit card, we cannot offer you a card at this time"

no pull. 

Message 11 of 96
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

Im blacklisted by Chase I think... I had a BK 3 years ago and I owed them 2k. My wife with the same last name cant even get their card .... scores in the mid 700s. She got a denial letter that says "Thank you for your interest in our credit card, we cannot offer you a card at this time"

no pull. 

Congrats you just saved yourself $120.

Message 12 of 96
MrCredit
Established Contributor

LOL.....thats crazy!! WOW, you know maybe they figure if one starts they all will, it could become an industry thing next thing you know we will be getting charged inactivity fees.
Message 13 of 96
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

It is  "be careful what you wish for time"...  They saved me not so long ago!

What a nightmare OP...  sorry.  That line in their statement "still no annual fee" is arrogant and false since they are now charging a compounding monthly fee.  From what I read on these threads and in others, big banks are beginning to act very sub-prime.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 14 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh... Now I need to transfer my Disney Visa somewhere.

Thanks for the heads up.

Message 15 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I won't be paying $120 a year either. They can keep the card if that's the case. I checked my online statement and there was nothing attached to it, but I will be on the lookout for the paper statment which should be here any day.
Message 16 of 96
MrCredit
Established Contributor

You may as well get an Amex for that matter $120 a year Seeesh! Lets hope the other big 2 don't follow suit.
Message 17 of 96
haiti222
Contributor

More info here....They seem to be applying the fee to people with low rates and low rate balance transfers that they don't like anymore.....

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/388/RipOff0388782.htm 

Message 18 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly my situation, haiti222!  Thanks for the great link.
Message 19 of 96
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Great link indeed.

I run a lot of money through my Chase Freedom card and PIF. If I get this notice, I will outright close my account. I hope it doesn't come to that though, as I make a lot of money with that card and it's my highest CL. 

Here we go again...
Message 20 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.