Established Contributor
MrCredit

Re: Chase And Their New Account Service Charges

Im blacklisted by Chase I think... I had a BK 3 years ago and I owed them 2k. My wife with the same last name cant even get their card .... scores in the mid 700s. She got a denial letter that says "Thank you for your interest in our credit card, we cannot offer you a card at this time"

no pull. 

Senior Contributor
smallfry

MrCredit wrote:

Im blacklisted by Chase I think... I had a BK 3 years ago and I owed them 2k. My wife with the same last name cant even get their card .... scores in the mid 700s. She got a denial letter that says "Thank you for your interest in our credit card, we cannot offer you a card at this time"

no pull. 

Congrats you just saved yourself $120.

Established Contributor
MrCredit

LOL.....thats crazy!! WOW, you know maybe they figure if one starts they all will, it could become an industry thing next thing you know we will be getting charged inactivity fees.
Regular Contributor
spiritcraft1

It is  "be careful what you wish for time"...  They saved me not so long ago!

What a nightmare OP...  sorry.  That line in their statement "still no annual fee" is arrogant and false since they are now charging a compounding monthly fee.  From what I read on these threads and in others, big banks are beginning to act very sub-prime.

11/6/09 TU 724 / EX 739 (FICO from CU) / EQ 701
Regular Contributor
wcnghj

Ugh... Now I need to transfer my Disney Visa somewhere.

Thanks for the heads up.

04/2009
TU:745
EQ:764

10/2008
TU: 708
EQ: 708
EX:707
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

I won't be paying $120 a year either. They can keep the card if that's the case. I checked my online statement and there was nothing attached to it, but I will be on the lookout for the paper statment which should be here any day.
Established Contributor
MrCredit

You may as well get an Amex for that matter $120 a year Seeesh! Lets hope the other big 2 don't follow suit.
New Contributor
haiti222

More info here....They seem to be applying the fee to people with low rates and low rate balance transfers that they don't like anymore.....

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/388/RipOff0388782.htm 

Established Member
Joey22

That is exactly my situation, haiti222!  Thanks for the great link.
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Great link indeed.

I run a lot of money through my Chase Freedom card and PIF. If I get this notice, I will outright close my account. I hope it doesn't come to that though, as I make a lot of money with that card and it's my highest CL. 

Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+