Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase App Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase App Recon

I applied online for the Chase Slate card last night.  I called in this morning and was told since I have a 6.5 year old charge off with them I was denied.  The rep then said she would 'mark it for approval' and to call back in a few days.  I'm assuming they have some type of manager approval process that can override a denial?  

Chase agreed to remove the old charged off account from my credit reports last year.  The account was picked up my Midland in which I did pay off the collection account 2 years ago.  This was one of the reasons Chase agreed to remove their charge off account from my reports.

I've had a Chase Freedom card since last March with a 4.5k limit.  I charged approx 3k a month to take advantage of the cash rewards and always paid the balance in full before my due date.

At this point I'm feeling like I've been blacklisted with Chase, well sort of.....Anyone have advice on what I should do next?

TIA!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Re: Chase App Recon

Your not blacklisted if she marked it as recomeneded approval

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 2 of 5
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Just wait - it sounds like the recon process is working its magic. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point!  Hey I noticed you have a Cap1 Platinum card.  I had the same card with the same limit for 2 years.  Last month I emailed the CEO and the Exec office contacted me. I asked for a CLI and they bumped up my CL to 5k. with only a SP.

Message 4 of 5
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Really they bumped it up that much ! I will send them a email then. Do you have there email address by any chance? Because If I dont get a increase to at least two grand Im going to have to deep six the card in the next few months.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.