Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Application Question

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Chase Application Question

So every month i usually get 2+ chase pre approvals for their freedom or slate etc. Here are my questions:

1. If i enter the invintation number does it raise my chances vs none?

2. How friendly are they with student loans. Because i was denied a Discover IT card last year for having 20k in deferred student loans. They are still deferred.

3. Should i have any util reporting? If so how much percent wise?

4. Its still Visa Right? Because my co-worker has a older Chase card but has a WMC Chase Freedom. Was wondering how long ago was this? I want the Visa dont get me wrong.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Application Question

Chase is in the process of phasing out MasterCard. They signed an exclusive agreement with Visa couple months ago.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Application Question

@Skye12329 wrote:

If i enter the invintation number does it raise my chances vs none?

First of all, are you sure you have no chance?  Second, it doesn't affect approval odds.  Your credit is what matters regardless of invitation code.  The code just identifies how you were marketed to and what offer was given to you.

@Skye12329 wrote:

Should i have any util reporting? If so how much percent wise?

Whether the creditor is Chase or any other creditor -- as low as possible.  That's why "1 balance reporting with 10% or less" is generally suggested for apping.

@Skye12329 wrote:

Its still Visa Right?

They've been transitioning to Visa on their products.  I haven't seen that they've indicated that they're reversing course.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.