Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Application Status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Application Status

collectnone wrote:
It is the Platinum Freedom card. Do you think they will combine my current chase visa(6 mos old but high APR of 20.99%) with the new Freedom card?

Thank goodness it's not the Signature Freedom card!!!  I can't see any reason why Chase couldn't consolidate your present Visa card with the new Platinum Freedom card.  By any chance, are you currently carrying a balance at a special introductory promotional rate?
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

No promotional period came with the other Chase card but it does have a $77 balance on it. Will that cause a problem?
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think that a $77 balance should be a problem.  Enjoy your new card when it arrives!
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Say what you want about the backdoor number. Didnt work for me. I had a paid collection from 4 years ago (under 100) and I opened 3 new accounts this year. Score of 691 and turned down after recon. Did no good to plead my case with them. 21 accounts never late and turned down for 1 lousy derog. Income of 145,000.00. 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Say what you want about the backdoor number. Didnt work for me. I had a paid collection from 4 years ago (under 100) and I opened 3 new accounts this year. Score of 691 and turned down after recon. Did no good to plead my case with them. 21 accounts never late and turned down for 1 lousy derog. Income of 145,000.00. 

Recon doesn't mean that everybody wins.  There is something obviously more to the story that one 4-year-old paid chargeoff. 

21 accounts and 3 new within a 6 month period might be a reason.  Lenders don't like to see many new accounts opened or the inquiries that go along with them.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed...to many open accounts.....to many new accounts in a short period of time.

Alot of times in the world of credit......"Less is More"

Message 16 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed...to many open accounts.....to many new accounts in a short period of time.

Alot of times in the world of credit......"Less is More"

Agree...  Chase cares about inquiries and they care about how many new accounts you have...  I was approved on recon, but all of my inquiries were mortgage related. If they weren't then I would have been stuck with the denial.   You may be a good candidate for Amex, as amex does not seem to care about inquiries, and they are income sensitive.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.