Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Approval. What are the chances?

tag
PowerMan572
Contributor

Chase Approval. What are the chances?

I had a Chase Amazon card that was charged off in late 2011. I did pay the balance to the collection agency. Since then my credit has been squeaky clean and MyFICO score is 711. 

Within the last 2 weeks I was approved for 1.) Barclaycard Arrival 2.) CapitalOne Venture 3.) Amex Blue Cash Preferred. Once I let these sit for a while and mature, what are my chances of getting back with a Chase credit card? If it is possible, how long should I wait and what Chase should I go for?

I do have an auto loan with Chase that I was approved for in June 2013. I always pay that on time and pay a little more each month. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Approval. What are the chances?

@PowerMan572 wrote:

I had a Chase Amazon card that was charged off in late 2011. I did pay the balance to the collection agency. Since then my credit has been squeaky clean and MyFICO score is 711. 

Within the last 2 weeks I was approved for 1.) Barclaycard Arrival 2.) CapitalOne Venture 3.) Amex Blue Cash Preferred. Once I let these sit for a while and mature, what are my chances of getting back with a Chase credit card? If it is possible, how long should I wait and what Chase should I go for?

I do have an auto loan with Chase that I was approved for in June 2013. I always pay that on time and pay a little more each month. 

With all the new approvals i would wait at lease a yr . That's just my 2 cents

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 12
PowerMan572
Contributor

That's what I was thinking, but I'm just concerned that I won't ever be able to get back with Chase until the charge off falls off my record. That's too long of a wait though LoL! 

Message 3 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@PowerMan572 wrote:

That's what I was thinking, but I'm just concerned that I won't ever be able to get back with Chase until the charge off falls off my record. That's too long of a wait though LoL! 

I can't answer that question ......Sorry , i don't  have any Chase products

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Chase can be unforgiving with past derogs on their own products. They do have one of the best recon depts but I think you might want to give it more time.  Just afraid you might get stuck with a low limit. 

Message 5 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I was leaning towards yes because you paid and then I read you got auto loan... I say go for it now (freedom)

Message 6 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

If you decide to go for it be prepared to recon. Even though it's paid, it's still fairly recent. I was in a similar situation with Chase a few years ago and it was auto declined but the analyst overturned it.
Message 7 of 12
PowerMan572
Contributor

I think I'll wait a year. After I applied for the Barclaycard Arrival, I did apply fo the Marriott Chase card and was denied. I did call the reconsideration line, but since I didn't have any other "premium" cards with such high credit limits, she couldn't approve me.

However, if I wait a year I should be able to get my Amex limit to around $6k and my Capital One is already $5k. So with a year under my bealt, hopefully I can apply for a Chase card again, call the reconsideration line and get an approval. 

Thanks for the input! I appreciate anything.

Message 8 of 12
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@PowerMan572 wrote:

Having an auto loan with Chase seems to be a good start. I'd age the new accounts first, then apply. The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 9 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@PowerMan572 wrote:

I think I'll wait a year. After I applied for the Barclaycard Arrival, I did apply fo the Marriott Chase card and was denied. I did call the reconsideration line, but since I didn't have any other "premium" cards with such high credit limits, she couldn't approve me.

However, if I wait a year I should be able to get my Amex limit to around $6k and my Capital One is already $5k. So with a year under my bealt, hopefully I can apply for a Chase card again, call the reconsideration line and get an approval. 

Thanks for the input! I appreciate anything.

Amex 3x cli at 61 days

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.