Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Approval after the first Recon denied - BK 2 years old -

tag
aer7372
Valued Member

Chase Approval after the first Recon denied - BK 2 years old -

I'm so excited if I wasn't at work I would be screaming.  I applied on the 24th and tried to back door number and she asked me some questions and said it needs to be reviewed further.  I called everyother day to check on it.  Still being reviewed.  I talked to someone on 6/3 and told me that after review they can't offer me a card because it's only been 2 years since my BK.

So today while sitting at work, I said let me call again and see what happens.  Called the backdoor number got Vicky on the phone and said it was denied.  I said can't it be recon because I've been trying so hard to get back on track.  She asked me a few questions and said she needs to check with her manager.   Came back and asked some more specific questions and then back to her manager.  Came back and said going to recommend me for $1000.  I can't believe it.  Don't give up persistance pays off.

Also, just found out today that I got $6000 signature loan at NFCU.  So far it's a good day for me.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Approval after the first Recon denied - BK 2 years old -

Congrats!
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Chase is great for recons! It took a recon for me to get mine approved. The phrase, "The squeeky wheel gets the grease" is obviously somehting that Chase believes in!
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful with Chase, I've been battling with them over the first card that I got from them. I've had it for almost 2 years now and the credit limit has been at $200 ever since I got the card. Finally got someone today to tell me what the deal is and they said that the card will NEVER be eligible for a cli nor will it ever be eligible for a product change. Very upset with Chase right now especially since they also just approved me for the visa platinum at $1000 limit. I don't know what to do with the other card - sigh Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrads with your success.  Would you mind disclosing your scores and if you have any addl baddies other than the BK? 

aer7372 wrote:
I'm so excited if I wasn't at work I would be screaming.  I applied on the 24th and tried to back door number and she asked me some questions and said it needs to be reviewed further.  I called everyother day to check on it.  Still being reviewed.  I talked to someone on 6/3 and told me that after review they can't offer me a card because it's only been 2 years since my BK.

So today while sitting at work, I said let me call again and see what happens.  Called the backdoor number got Vicky on the phone and said it was denied.  I said can't it be recon because I've been trying so hard to get back on track.  She asked me a few questions and said she needs to check with her manager.   Came back and asked some more specific questions and then back to her manager.  Came back and said going to recommend me for $1000.  I can't believe it.  Don't give up persistance pays off.

Also, just found out today that I got $6000 signature loan at NFCU.  So far it's a good day for me.

Message 5 of 24
aer7372
Valued Member

Scores as of 6/6/08

TU  634
EQ 615
EX  655

Message Edited by aer7372 on 06-10-2008 03:35 AM
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know which bureau they pulled? 

aer7372 wrote:
Scores as of 6/6/08

TU  634
EQ 615
EX  655

Message Edited by aer7372 on 06-10-2008 03:35 AM

Message 7 of 24
aer7372
Valued Member

They pulled EX for me and I'm in CT
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too.  I applied on 6/3 and got the need more time to process msg.  I called one of the recon numbers I found on 6/5 and the woman told me I was denied because I have too many inquiries (12).  She said everything else was good and to hold off on the inquiries for another 6 months.  Bummer.

So after reading this thread today I decided to try again with success!  I called and said I applied last week and wanted to check the status.  He said it was pending (?) and he could take a look at it and make the decision.  He came back and questioned a closed by grantor Chase account from 2004.  I told him I wasn't sure what happened with that.  I did set up a payment plan bc I maxed it out and was in college not making much moolah so I guess they automatically closed it, but I didn't have any lates.  I was approved with a 5000 CL.  And best of all, no wasted inquiries!

Message 9 of 24
aer7372
Valued Member

Congrats on your approval. 
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.