Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Authorized User Addition Questions

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Chase Authorized User Addition Questions

The form to add an authorized user didn't say much, but I just added my dad as an authorized user. He happens to have the same first and last name that I have and his middle name differs from mine. My question is if Chase is going to ask for other information since I got a message saying that they would respond to the request within one day. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Authorized User Addition Questions

@chalupaman wrote:

The form to add an authorized user didn't say much, but I just added my dad as an authorized user. He happens to have the same first and last name that I have and his middle name differs from mine. My question is if Chase is going to ask for other information since I got a message saying that they would respond to the request within one day. 

This is interesting...It didn't make the distinction between sr and jr?

Message 2 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I dont think it should be an issue. All they're going to do is a mail a card out with his name on it. I also got a message when I added my mom to my marriot card, but it said "IF we have an issue, we'll contact you within one business day." 

Message 3 of 7
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I dont think it should be an issue. All they're going to do is a mail a card out with his name on it. I also got a message when I added my mom to my marriot card, but it said "IF we have an issue, we'll contact you within one business day." 

Alright. That's all I needed to know. He's trying to rebuild his credit and everything and that card is currently my highest limit so I think that'd be most useful for him to have access to. He currently has a CapOne Journey card that he's been using. I could have also made him one on my Citi card which is nearly 14 months old but I dunno if being an AU would really have that much of an impact at all. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya my parents about 6 months or so ago put me on there bristish airways chase card w/25k limit and got the same message.  Isn't an issue I got the card just fine and reporting as well, even though I live at another address.  Typical repsonse of theres, I don't know what would cause someone not to get an AU card as they aren't the party responsible for repayment.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya my parents about 6 months or so ago put me on there bristish airways chase card w/25k limit and got the same message.  Isn't an issue I got the card just fine and reporting as well, even though I live at another address.  Typical repsonse of theres, I don't know what would cause someone not to get an AU card as they aren't the party responsible for repayment.

Some cardmember agreements DO in fact make the AU partially responsible in case of default. Read your papers ladies and gentlemen!

Message 6 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Some cardmember agreements DO in fact make the AU partially responsible in case of default. Read your papers ladies and gentlemen!

Meh could be true, but I think they have enough net wealth to never default Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.