Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Authorized User Questions...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Authorized User Questions...

I personally dont have a Chase credit card and only recently started banking with them.  I do want the CSP or CSR but havent pulled the trigger yet and I have no prequal offers either at the Chase website or my personal banking account.  My GF has had the Freedom for about 18 months now and I was thinking of being added as an authorized user.  My question is what happens if I am added as an authorized user but in 3-4 months I end up getting my own and get taken off as authorzed user?  What happens to my credit report in regards to the AU account?  Is tradeline deleted and what then happens to AAoA?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Authorized User Questions...

First - I would strongly recommend against being added as an AU. For this reason:

Any AU accounts count towards the 5/24 rule with Chase the same as if you had just opened a new account by yourself. Now if you're way under 5/24 (like 1/24 or 2/24) you can ignore this but (3/24 or 4/24 I would take extreme caution, especially if it's only an arrangement for 3-4 months.

Usually they will stay on your reports even after the creditor removes you as an AU. You might be able to get them removed by contacting all 3 CRA's and disputing and saying you didn't authorize it etc. but it's a hassle.

I would just wait, build history with Chase and when you're confident app for it.

CSR I would say 720 FICO with 50k income
CSP I would say 675 FICO with 35k income.

Just my recommendations.
Message 2 of 6
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

If you bank with Chase and you have a score you will probably get either the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.  I started in Feb. 2016 with no credit score and a Freedom.  Got a Freedom Unlimited in Sep. 16 and a CSP in Mar. 17, both through offers.  At no time was my score higher than 679 or my Util less than 50%.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for the advice. I decided not to be added as an authorized user after all. I applied for the MikeagePlus last night and was instantly approved. We use United often. Will let that card lead me to a CSR/CSP after some time with Chase.
Message 4 of 6
RJCE
Valued Member

"Usually they will stay on your reports even after the creditor removes you as an AU. You might be able to get them removed by contacting all 3 CRA's and disputing and saying you didn't authorize it etc. but it's a hassle."

I was an AU on a BOA account but I canceled it last month and the account has been removed from all three CRAs. I only had to contact EX to get the closed account removed. TU and EQ automatically removed it.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that seemed very easy for you luckily.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.