Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Authorized Users??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Authorized Users??

Right on the Chase Authorized User screen where you would actually add the user it says "For the Authorized User, this account will be reported to the credit reporting agencies as an Authorized User's account. This could potentially impact the Authorized User's credit score"

Yet I added the AU and never does it ask for the AU's Social Security number. It asks for name and address only. So how is it possible that Chase will report to the AU's credit file? I'm doing soely to build my Sons credit and I can't possibly see how doing this through Chase will do that. Capital One asks for the SSN of the AU so that makes sense. 

Anyone have any history with adding AU's through Chase??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Authorized Users??

@Anonymous wrote:

Right on the Chase Authorized User screen where you would actually add the user it says "For the Authorized User, this account will be reported to the credit reporting agencies as an Authorized User's account. This could potentially impact the Authorized User's credit score"

Yet I added the AU and never does it ask for the AU's Social Security number. It asks for name and address only. So how is it possible that Chase will report to the AU's credit file? I'm doing soely to build my Sons credit and I can't possibly see how doing this through Chase will do that. Capital One asks for the SSN of the AU so that makes sense. 

Anyone have any history with adding AU's through Chase??

Chase (and other banks) can find a person based off of addresses. I have my BF as a AU on my freedom card and the card shows up on his report (we have the same address). If you and the AU don't have an address in common on your reports sometimes it won't report

Message 2 of 4
wachme
Contributor

They've reported for many by matching with address. It was reported on mine when I was added as an AU with only address as common link.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, Ok great! Thank for the help. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.