vish1
Valued Contributor

Chase BA Visa signature pre approval

My oldest account is 13 months old. I currently have the following cards:

DCU 3k CL since Jan 2010

Bofa Secured 500 CL March 2010

Cap1 2250  CL since Mar 2010

JCP 1800 CL March 2010

I recently opened: (None shows on CR yet)

US Bank select rewards 8000 CL Jan 2011

Amex ZYNC Jan 2011

Chase Freedom Jan 2011

Util approx 1% (85$). Fico arnd 700

Now, I got an pre approved offer for Chase BA visa signature (50k miles).

I am a bit confused coz I feel I may not have enough history for a visa signature card.

Is a chase pre approval done deal?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: Chase BA Visa signature pre approval

No, a pre-approval is not a done deal.  Kinda take a break from applying and just kick back and monitor the new accounts.  Remember, a pre-approval / pre-qualified only indicates you fall within their marketing range at the time of their snapshot.  All pre-anything must go through final approval and even though they are not reporting yet, I'd still be a little concerned about the number of recently opened accounts and how Big Bank will look at them when they start posting, so just relax a little and keep us informed on how things are growing.

Message 2 of 3
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase BA Visa signature pre approval

@JayRizzo wrote:

No, a pre-approval is not a done deal.  Kinda take a break from applying and just kick back and monitor the new accounts.  Remember, a pre-approval / pre-qualified only indicates you fall within their marketing range at the time of their snapshot.  All pre-anything must go through final approval and even though they are not reporting yet, I'd still be a little concerned about the number of recently opened accounts and how Big Bank will look at them when they start posting, so just relax a little and keep us informed on how things are growing.

Thanks JayRizzo.

I am kinda done for now. My target is to get 2 cards with a ton of bonus points with a timing that I can complete the spending and get the miles in my account by mid next year. I have some travel coming up next year and miles would be welcome. The cards I have in mind are Chase BA (50kmiles) and citi AA (75k miles). I was not planning to apply any of them now but when I got the pre approval for chase BA, i thought I will atleast ask ppl arnd.

I feel your advice is absolutely great and I will take a break. At this point I am thinking, I will hold back for now and try to apply for citi AA 75k miles in julyish (if there is a offer), complete its spending and apply chase BA around January next year. i dont think I need any other cards for a long time.

Offcourse, I will look at my credit and also look for advice from great guys out here before I apply in july (If I do).

Does this sound like a decent plan for now.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.