Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase BP Visa

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Chase BP Visa

Is this card worth getting when the 5% CB on gas from Discover/Chase is not available??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Chase BP Visa

I'm gonna go with no. 

I Was just reading about it online, and apparently, all the rewards you earn only apply to one fill up, so if you get like a $0.30/gallon rebate, you use it once, and then you start all over again. You choose when to use it at the pump, it wil ask you whether or not you want to use your rebates, and it's only good for up to 20 gallons. 

Message 2 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I'm gonna go with no. 

I Was just reading about it online, and apparently, all the rewards you earn only apply to one fill up, so if you get like a $0.30/gallon rebate, you use it once, and then you start all over again. You choose when to use it at the pump, it wil ask you whether or not you want to use your rebates, and it's only good for up to 20 gallons. 

I figured it would'nt match up to 5%, the BCE/BCP would be a good pick but thats a next year thing. (So would have been this card), I'm just looking to get CB on gas year round.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yeah your best bet is to get a card that just has cash rewards, like the BoA 1-2-3 cards or BCE/BCP. Even though it might not match up to the 5% bonus categories of freedom/more/it, it's definitely gonna be better than the BP card.
Message 4 of 17
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Can you try for PenFed yet?

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Not looking for another app for at least a year, really wanted to see what the members thought of the Chase card. But maybe July of next year i'd be ready for Penfed!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 17
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Fort Knox FCU VISA Platinum card is an alternative to the PenFed Visa Platinum Cash Rewards card.
Message 7 of 17
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

If you can't do Amex BCE/BCP, then I think the next best for year round gas rewards might be the Discover Open Road card. 2% on gas purchases up to $250 per billing cycle. Not all that great really. I'd probably just use a normal cash rewards card when the 5% categories aren't available.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 8 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:
Fort Knox FCU VISA Platinum card is an alternative to the PenFed Visa Platinum Cash Rewards card.

Fort Knox is a great card, but last I heard, if you were outside of their service area, they will find some reason to reject your application even though they will allow you into CU.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 9 of 17
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Not looking for another app for at least a year, really wanted to see what the members thought of the Chase card. But maybe July of next year i'd be ready for Penfed!!! Smiley Happy

Got ya.... When you can unless they chage their offereing, as you know, PenFed is the best gas card for sure!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.