Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bank, Closed my Credit Cards. Please read

tag
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Bank, Closed my Credit Cards. Please read

this sounds bogus to me, first off why would you pay your transactions off every time they posted? seems like you would be making a ton of payments each month.

second off what would be the benefit of using your CSP to buy a Macbook and paying interest on it for 6 months if you could just put it on your Freedom card and use the 0% interest for 15 months?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 21 of 62
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

In fact, I did change my name. 

Last name, and First...

I don't get is, why? I provided my decree of name change to Chase. They even have a digital copy on my profile. 

This might be leading into something... but I still don't have a serious answer on a real "WHY"

Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Utl @ 10% - Main Card: Navy FCU Cash Rewards
Message 22 of 62
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that OP,  keep us updated if you can  I'm very interested in the outcome of this...as it could also happen to me.  We're rooting for ya, hope everything gets taken care of soon.

I will keep everyone posted, I am waiting for another call from the Main Offices. Hopefully Executive *mod cut to remove name of employee* of Chase Card Services will call me back ASAP. She suppose to speak with the fraud department again. 

Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Message 23 of 62
enharu
Super Contributor

@ficoguy2013 wrote:

In fact, I did change my name. 

Last name, and First...

I don't get is, why? I provided my decree of name change to Chase. They even have a digital copy on my profile. 

This might be leading into something... but I still don't have a serious answer on a real "WHY"

Chase may have updated your file, but there's probably some other company out there that didn't update your name.

Thus, you have 2 different names in public records. When Chase tries to match their internal records with your public records, it wouldn't match, which may be the reason why all these has happened.

It's best you check ALL your public records, and update your info with EVERY company that has your records, regardless of whether those accounts are opened or closed.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 24 of 62
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 25 of 62
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

When was the name changed? After the cc were issued?
Message 26 of 62
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

this sounds bogus to me, first off why would you pay your transactions off every time they posted? seems like you would be making a ton of payments each month.

second off what would be the benefit of using your CSP to buy a Macbook and paying interest on it for 6 months if you could just put it on your Freedom card and use the 0% interest for 15 months?

Hmmm, we are not the same. You think differently than I do, apparently. I do not appreciate this comment whatsoever. Please respect me, as you do not know me. If you have nothing nice to say, please reframe from repling. 

I do have a respectable income, to make as many payments I see fit. It was the Freedom card, excuse me for having it mixed up. 

Message 27 of 62
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

Before

@09Lexie wrote:
When was the name changed? After the cc were issued?

Message 28 of 62
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

So, the name was changed before you applied for this batch of cards (3) and not the others; correct?
Message 29 of 62
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
So, the name was changed before you applied for this batch of cards (3) and not the others; correct?

That is correct, Lexie. 

I have updated my name with my prior creditors as well. 

Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.