Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bank - Transfer of Limits

tag
twiddledee
Contributor

Chase Bank - Transfer of Limits

I understand Chase is open to transferring limits between cards.

I have a $3300 Slate, $7500 CSP and $5000 Marriot Rewards

Only got the Slate for a balance transfer which will paid down to zero in another 2 months.

Would like to close Slate and transfer the $3300 to CSP or Marriot

Any thoughts on which to transfer to?  Is one easier to grow so I wouldnt need to add the Slate limit?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Bank - Transfer of Limits

1. They sometimes grow over extended period of time. My sister worked her way up to a 30k SW RR, but has only a few cards. She carries balances and pays interest. The card is now closed for a BT to new discover card, but she is upset discover is not accepted everywhere.

2. With Chase, I like to transfer the whole limit. If your scores are over 720, here is a good rule of thumb. After the Slate is paid off, wait for two billing cycles, and do not use the card. Call the EO to transfer (I have my ways). They can.not transfer the entire limit at once. They will transfer you to the lending department, which uses Chase internal score and soft pull. You can then transfer the entire balance, and close the Slate.

3. I would make one card 10k, and move 800 to the other. And that depends on which card you use the most. That would be the CSP. But, if you use the Marriot more, then put most or all there.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 3
twiddledee
Contributor

Re: Chase Bank - Transfer of Limits

Good stuff - I will do that

Thanks for the info

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.