Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bank

tag
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Chase Bank

In three years, my plan is to retire/transition from the military, and move back home to my state of residency, where there are no local chase branches. I have had a chase account since 2005. Should I worry about chase closing my account or will I be grandfathered? I only ask because I know chase will not open an account where there are no local branches. Thank you, in advance for your responses...
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Bank

Someone? Anyone?

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would say the only way you are going to see a checking? account closed is if you don't meet the monthly requirements to avoid the monthly fee and you don't put money in it and the fees bring the account to $0... I think they would close at that point.

If this is Chase Credit Card, not sure why they would close a credit card because of not being in the state if you use it.

Message 3 of 7
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Thanks for your reply, and yes, it is a checking account. I have military checking and savings, so there are no minimal balances...

Message 4 of 7
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Or monthly fees...

Message 5 of 7
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

We are constantly expanding and will be opening loads of branches in 2012 alone. Call Banking and ask them to check the list for you and speak to a SUp about rules for closing accounts.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Chase closed, then reopened, my Chase Amazon.com Visa after a payment was returned (sic...) ..   I made a typo in entering my bank account info while trying to pay on my iphone.   When I called, I told them it was merely a typo and they were able to reopen my account, after confirming that the account number was off by one digit.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.