Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bank

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Chase Bank

I want to joined their bank and credit card product again but don't known if it"s a good idea to do it since I burn their card 5 years ago .......it's show. 0 balance but no collection ........don't known if it's a good idea to open checking account with them again ??
Any idea guys ++???
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Bank

if you pay them back and send a letter to the executive office it's been known to work in my case for a friend. (i wrote the letter) and after the debt was paid. Chase is usually the best with forgiveness out of all the big banks.

Also why not just open a checking and savings, if you hold a $1,500 balance you'll get a $200 sign up bonus for checking, and $10,000 will get you $150 with savings, if you can't find the coupons they sell it on ebay regularly. I'm pretty sure holding 5-6 figures in their accounts helped push for my approvals.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@nicholasyud wrote:
I want to joined their bank and credit card product again but don't known if it"s a good idea to do it since I burn their card 5 years ago .......it's show. 0 balance but no collection ........don't known if it's a good idea to open checking account with them again ??
Any idea guys ++???

Chase remembers.  Some individuals may slip through the cracks but if you burned them, that account is in their database.  It may be in your favor if you paid it off even if CO.  However, if you burned them in BK, you won't have much luck, especially if it was a high loss $$$.

Some people have documented good success with Chase by establishing a banking relationship (checking/savings) and eventually qualifying for one of their products such as the ever-popular Freeedom card down the road.

Message 3 of 6
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

The amount show somewhere around 1.5k with all those fees add up.....It's 5 years old debt and no collection show up whatsoever .....should I paid them or just wait for another 2 years !!??? Settle for less !!???
Message 4 of 6
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

I burned them when I was younger maybe 20 and I paid off the bad debt and I am 28 now and do all my banking with them; I have CSP and Freedom. Just takes time is all.

Pay in full if you can but settling will also help

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 5 of 6
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@a3quit4s wrote:

I burned them when I was younger maybe 20 and I paid off the bad debt and I am 28 now and do all my banking with them; I have CSP and Freedom. Just takes time is all.

Pay in full if you can but settling will also help

Did they delete your account complete after you paid ???

How long does its take ??

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.