Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Blacklist question

@sjt wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had two CO with Chase in the past.  I also have a checking account with them.  I randomly check the pre-qual site and it always came up as "nothing matched to you."  Today I did it and it said I was pre-qualified for the Slate.  Is that an indication I might be off the radar?  I have over the five accounts in the last two years counting an auto loan.  

How much were the CO's?  Although Chase pre-equals are solid, there have been cases of denials.

One was for 6K the other was for 4K.  Old Providian card and an IHG card each just fell off my reports

I guess I can also go into the branch and ask a teller or a person at one of the desks?  Not sure if they would know much though?

I doubt a teller or branch person would be able to help very much with something like this. 

I've actually wondered the same thing, since I am in a similar situation (old Providian account, converted to WaMu, then converted to Chase just as it was going through the CO... also no longer on my credit reports). 

Like you, throughout the summer I was also showing up as pre-qualified for Slate and Freedom, but I never 'pulled the trigger'.  I didn't want to waste a HP just to find out I was blacklisted anyway.  (Sidenote: I'm no longer showing as pre-qualified, but I suspect it's because I have too many new accounts for their tastes...)

A branch can look up and see if you are pre-qual and pre approved for a card product.

I understand that, but I can do that myself online.  It still doesn't mean I (or anybody else) isn't on their 'blacklist' for a previous account. 

For me, taking a HP just to be told 'no' for something that happened 10 years ago isn't worth it.

Edit:  typo

Message 21 of 24
Klesko
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Blacklist question

@Anonymous wrote:

I had two CO with Chase in the past.  I also have a checking account with them.  I randomly check the pre-qual site and it always came up as "nothing matched to you."  Today I did it and it said I was pre-qualified for the Slate.  Is that an indication I might be off the radar?  I have over the five accounts in the last two years counting an auto loan.  

This is from another site. 

Chase Blacklist

CO 5-9.5 years

IIB 10 years

Apparently there is a workaround. That if you use the pre qualified link and have nothing negative from Chase showing on your credit report you can get in earlier. 

As others have said this is not 100% but seems like your chances are pretty good. 

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Blacklist question UPDATE

UPDATE:
Today, 10/8 I still do not have anything on my chase online banking but I called the application status line and it said approved for 500! Small limit but I'll take it !!!!

Message 23 of 24
Klesko
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Blacklist question UPDATE

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:
Today, 10/8 I still do not have anything on my chase online banking but I called the application status line and it said approved for 500! Small limit but I'll take it !!!!

Good to hear, limit sucks but anything to get you back in at this point is good. 

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.