Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Blacklist???

tag
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

Chase Blacklist???

Hey Guys,

I have a couple of quesitons, I am almost to the point where all my COs will be completely gone... Should be by November if everything goes to plan.

I have decided that the cards that I really want to get are the AMEX BCE and a Chase Saphire (may begin with Freedom and PC eventually do to current low CLs)

1. I have heard that Chase does blacklist if you've ever BK'd them or had a CO with with... Is this true?

2. What if you never had a CO with them, but did with Providian (which was purchased by WAMU, which of course was purchased by Chase)... Currently my CR does show Chase as one of my COs

3. I did apply for a Freedom about 1-1/2 years ago..... not knowing any better (before I discovered these forums).... and if I recall, they cited that I had a CO in their system. Will this go away ones it's fallen off my CR? Or should I just give up on Chase all together??

Any advice is greatly appriciated! THANK YOU!!

Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Blacklist???

@irving_magik wrote:

Hey Guys,

I have a couple of quesitons, I am almost to the point where all my COs will be completely gone... Should be by November if everything goes to plan.

I have decided that the cards that I really want to get are the AMEX BCE and a Chase Saphire (may begin with Freedom and PC eventually do to current low CLs)

1. I have heard that Chase does blacklist if you've ever BK'd them or had a CO with with... Is this true?

2. What if you never had a CO with them, but did with Providian (which was purchased by WAMU, which of course was purchased by Chase)... Currently my CR does show Chase as one of my COs

3. I did apply for a Freedom about 1-1/2 years ago..... not knowing any better (before I discovered these forums).... and if I recall, they cited that I had a CO in their system. Will this go away ones it's fallen off my CR? Or should I just give up on Chase all together??

Any advice is greatly appriciated! THANK YOU!!

It's very much a YMMV situation.  There have been people approved for Freedoms lately even having included Chase in their BK; however, there are others that had the same scenario you did.

I tend to look at such things with a grain of salt: in the current economy, if your report is someone they'd really like to lend to anyway for that particular product, they're not going to throw you out for a CO or BK with their being included in the past (and how long ago it was does make a difference); however, if you're marginal in any way, they'll be more likely to deny you.

Personally I wouldn't give up on Chase, they're a top tier lender that's worth some hassle to get into their good graces with; however, it might be more of a struggle for you than it might be for others.  

        
Message 2 of 3
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Blacklist???

Chase seems to be a tad bit forgiving.  A poster in another post today got some luv form Chase.  It wasn't a bk, but they called the executive offices.  Hope this helps and ofcourse ymmv.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.