Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Blueprint?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Blueprint?

So I have the Chase Freedom card, and for the first time I am using the blueprint feature, so that when I see that amount on my monthly statement, I will almost feel obligated to pay at least that amount.

So I use the full pay option for blueprint, and it set me up for 250.00 monthly payments for the whole balance to be paid off in a certain time frame.

So I got my statement about a week ago, and am trying to figure out how it is calculated. My blueprint payment says it 303 dollars, I made no new purchase in the last statement cycle, and it only made a portion of my balance go under the blueprint umbrella (like 4300 out of 5000 balance) and the purchase interest charges posted twice, different amount but it looks like it posted for the blueprint amount and then what was leftover.

And unfortunately, the statement still says blueprint payment 250.00 in the blueprint section, but the blueprint amount due is 303. So:
*how did it get to this odd number? Is it somehow calculating accrued interest on top of the 250?
*anybody else have weird experience with this blueprint feature?

I am comfortable paying this amount, but wpuld feel more confident in exactly why I am paying this 303 rather than 250. And customer service people were absolutely no help.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Blueprint?

Honestly I had blueprint on my slate and never used it. I'd ignore, blueprint, and look at your actual statement, see where the balance is coming from, and pay as much as you comfortably can until the balance is gone.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok yeah I guess it is not too much to Fret about lol, I was just wondering how they came to that seemingly random number
Message 3 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

No idea either but for something like that to work it has to consider the interest that you would accrue.  If you want to analyze it then you'd really need to use an interest calculator to compare.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just get CSR in chat and ask or have them explain it to youSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.