Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bold vs Ink

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Chase Bold vs Ink

I really need to obtain a business card at some point to help keep my personal expenses separate from my business ones. Due to the nature of the business and its lack of credit the check will be done on me. Would it be much easier (if at all) to obtain a bold card vs an ink, since the bold is a charge card?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Bold vs Ink

I think you mean Ink Bold vs. the Ink Plus. Both are Ink cards. The plus is a revolver. Just based on your score, would think you'd be fine for either but some say that a charge card is easier to get approved for than a revolver. So if you're worried I'd go for the Bold. Good luck!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

I really need to obtain a business card at some point to help keep my personal expenses separate from my business ones. Due to the nature of the business and its lack of credit the check will be done on me. Would it be much easier (if at all) to obtain a bold card vs an ink, since the bold is a charge card?

It's hard to say with Chase but I would say go with which one fits your needs I;ve done homework on all 3 Chase business cards and IMO INK cash seems to be easier to get..based only on the offers are always lower and the spending requirements for bonuses

right now ink cash has $200 back after $2000 spend

the other 2 if i remember was

50,000 pts $5000 spend

See a pattern? 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 8
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Suggest move post to Business Credit

Message 4 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-business-credit-cards/rewards/compare-business-cards

My best estimate is that the Ink Cash is easiest to get, followed by Ink Classic, then Ink Bold, and lastly Ink Plus.

The ink Bold and Ink Plus has a lot more benefits, and also a higher spending cap for 5% bonuses. 

If I am not wrong the Ink Bold and Ink Plus are also World Elite Mastercards.

The Classic and Cash are just Platinum or World Mastercards.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

Given my denial of a CSP I think I may wait until my new cards post and then go into a branch and speak with someone face to face. I was told by a someone in on a recon that the inks are a bit easier to get than the csp.

;
Message 6 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Given my denial of a CSP I think I may wait until my new cards post and then go into a branch and speak with someone face to face. I was told by a someone in on a recon that the inks are a bit easier to get than the csp.

The Ink Bold and Plus are about as hard to get compared to the CSP.

If you got rejected very recently, it's best to hold off on this application for now. It's generally not recommend to apply for credit with the same lender immediately after you just got rejected for another card. Speaking to recons does not mean guaranteed approval either.

The Ink cards have quite a detailed recon interview if you need to speak with an analyst. IMO I think it's harder to recon ink than CSP simply because of the number of questions they ask.

What does your CR look like right now? It will be helpful if you can tell us more. 

Alternatively, you could always go for the Cash and Classic. They're great cards as well. I dont really know about your approval odds though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

Didn't realize there was a business credit folder I will go there. Sorry!

;
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.