Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bonus - When?

tag
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

Chase Bonus - When?

Good evening! DH recently got the Chase Freedom card. He signed up under the $100 sign up bonus, but the $200 dropped very soon after, so we contacted Chase about that. I tried a couple searches, but no luck - maybe I'm not using the correct search terms. When do you get the bonus? We have met the spend (not hard this time of year, especially when I do most of the Christmas shopping on Amazon). Will it come when the next statement cuts? Thanks in advance for your help.

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Bonus - When?

@PandiferBear wrote:

Good evening! DH recently got the Chase Freedom card. He signed up under the $100 sign up bonus, but the $200 dropped very soon after, so we contacted Chase about that. I tried a couple searches, but no luck - maybe I'm not using the correct search terms. When do you get the bonus? We have met the spend (not hard this time of year, especially when I do most of the Christmas shopping on Amazon). Will it come when the next statement cuts? Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes he will see the bonus when the next statement comes out.

Message 2 of 12
flan
Regular Contributor

Chase doesn't often budge about matching offers...

They normally credit the bonus on the statement that includes the required spend.  Sometimes, if it's right at the end of a period, they may not until the next statement after that.

Message 3 of 12
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

Yes he will see the bonus when the next statement comes out.

Wonderful, thanks for that! I was wondering if I should be watching for it in the meantime. You told me exactly what I needed to know. Much appreciated.
EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 4 of 12
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

@flan wrote:

They normally credit the bonus on the statement that includes the required spend.  Sometimes, if it's right at the end of a period, they may not until the next statement after that.

I am hoping they will. He said he was forwarding it to management, and I was all like, "So what does that mean? Is that something that this normally an issue?" and he said that he only heard of it being denied one time. I will be vigilant, and see how it turns out. I will be a little miffed if it does not go through, based on the conversation. But either way, hey free money is free money, so win-win. I know that we apped outside the window, but I figure it never hurts to ask.

Message 5 of 12
SGR
Contributor

@flan wrote:

This is definitely a possibility. My father just got his Freedom and spent $500 (with some of it posting only a few days prior to the statement cutting). He got the AU bonus but not the signup bonus. Meanwhile, my brother and I both got our bonuses as soon as the first statement cut but we both spent well over $500 long before it cut.

It's also possible Chase will honor the $200 bonus. I signed up for my card for the $100 bonus and a few days after they started offering a $200 bonus. I sent them a secure message and they agreed to honor the deal.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long adter he got the card did the bonus raise to $200?  Mine was only $100 when I received the card and I believe it was two weeks later when it went to $200.  I sent them a message and they awarded me the extra $100 on my next statement.

Message 7 of 12
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

I think it was about the same as you. About two weeks. Thanks for that info!:-D
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will get it as soon as the statement cuts for the month in which you met the minimum spend. I just opened a freedom (not sure why) a month or so ago. I bought a Macbook Pro on it, paid in full the next day online and as soon as my statement cut I had the points in my account. Now I have to spend another 100 on the card so I can apply the points as a statement credit. Then I can send it to the sockdrawer. 

Message 9 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@flan wrote:

They've matched several for me and there are a number of threads where others have been able to get offers applied via request.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.