Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC Account Compromised?

tag
flan
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase CC Account Compromised?

@trevorgreene007 wrote:

It could be a regional incident like a previous poster suggested.  Seems like Chase is pretty on top of it all, although that didn't keep my heart from sinking to my feet when I got the call.  I thought for sure that someone had went on a shopping spree!  

It was also odd that the rep I spoke with asked me multiple times if I was going to be inconvenienced in any way without having my credit card for the weekend.  I said no because, honestly, I had no purchases planned for the weekend.  Part of me wishes I would have played it up a bit just to see if they were authorized to provide some sort of 'compensation' for the trouble.  'Compensation' being a statement credit, UR points, I have no idea. Anyone ever had this happen when they were forced to get new cards?

I've never gotten monetary compensation, but I've had accomedations made: one card not get cancelled instantly, because I was on the road.  I had to tell them where I was going to be, and what I was likely to charge.  I had the old Diner's Club (a corporate card) call a hotel and a rental car company to pay on my behalf, and deliver me a bag of cash (charged to the account of course, but they waived the cash advance fees and really did *deliver* it.  I had a company dinner/release party where I'd be the ranking employee, and so responsible for the bill...), when they cancelled the card due to fraud.  Chase approved a couple charges (recurring monthly bills) that I told them would happen before I'd be able to contact the providers to fix it. 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.