cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC Payment Return...what's next ??

tag
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Re: Chase CC Payment Return...what's next ??

Do you really think they will hold it against me...I mean this was totally done by error and not intentional at all. I am not using my disability(blind) as a justification for the error in mistypying the wrong bank account number. I told them I am really sorry, and to take a payment for 5,000 today even though the last payment was for $4900.00. Also I have paid chase over 40k this year alone for all my cc. I PIF every statement, and pay my personal card off before the statement even cuts. I also like chase so much that I am moving my entire business banking over to them. But I really hope that I didn't just ruin my relationship with them. I was looking to really build these lines.
Message 11 of 19
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Who knows.  Remember computers do most of the work and I have seen with other lenders that a failed payment causes fraud flags to be triggered that make the account more sensitive in the future for some time.  I am sure if that is true for Chase that under human review, you will be fine.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 19
FrugalRican
Blogger

We could give you 100 opinions and that's all they would be... opinions.

All you can do is wait right now and let them make their next move. Hopefully, they won't make a move. Like you said, losing the APR isn't a problem, you PIF.

At least you were self-aware of the mistake and corrected it immediately. Other than that, anything else is just conjecture. We could tell you a 10 different scenarios and they'd apply Scenario #11 with you.

Just be patient, let time take care of the situation and then see what happens next.

I'd just be happy with the fact that you caught the problem this quickly.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 13 of 19
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Here's my situation, my personal chase is a slate which is sitting at 3K limit. I was planning on calling the exec office at the end of the month and ask for a CLI. Income is at 80K. Only one personal with chase at 3k. I have read many examples of people calling the exec office and getting high CLI. I was really hoping for around 9-10k(highest limit I already Have) charged almost 27k on the card so far always PIF.
Message 14 of 19
youngman1234
Established Contributor

You cant imagine I was calling BOA of 4 times a day in the past week inquiring the balance just to see why hasnt the payment come in yet...lol I am really paranoid when it comes to credit.
Message 15 of 19
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I would probably wait till next month, but up to you.  Since Chase Executive office call is reputed to be only a soft pull, I guess no harm trying now either.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 16 of 19
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I'm waiting because I currently have two large balances reporting which should be zero. Current Utl is at 15%. Bringing it down to 1%. And owe about 6K to chase which I charged last week. So wanting to wait until the end of the month,so balance will be zero. Score will be around 720. Utl, 1%.
Message 17 of 19
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I am also going to pay the additional 3K I owe on the ink card before I ask. I mean they will see that for the past few months in just a few days apart I pay them 8k. Since my due date for the ink is the 4th and my chase cut off is the 2nd so I pay on the first every month. So this will show them also that handling 8k is not a problem.
Message 18 of 19
youngman1234
Established Contributor

And they will also see that I charge over 3k on my Amex gold every month and that's a charge card that must be paid.. I know I am a paranoid 22 year old..lol
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.