Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC limit reporting

tag
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Chase CC limit reporting

Has anyone noticed that their chase credit card is not reporting a limit? Specifically I have the Chase Amazon Visa (24k limit). It was reporting fine on my TU and on creditkarma. Then I pulled my creditkarma report again and my % util had increased because a 24k limit was no longer counted. 

Just wondering if this may be a glich or if something changed over the past week or so. 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CC limit reporting

Call Chase and find out what's up. The forum is well aware of the reporting issues with Macy's. I have just noticed my Amex Platinum charge card is reporting an inaccurate "high balance".

Macy's

Looking Cross-Eyed

Message 2 of 6
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

I found out what happened. Chase, in their infinite wisdom, decided to upgrade me to their Visa Signature card. This became obvious when I received a new card today 1 year before my previous one expired. I guess I will have to call to see what is going on, although I doubt their is anything I can do now.

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 3 of 6
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@cobaltnv wrote:

I found out what happened. Chase, in their infinite wisdom, decided to upgrade me to their Visa Signature card. This became obvious when I received a new card today 1 year before my previous one expired. I guess I will have to call to see what is going on, although I doubt their is anything I can do now.

Chase announced this upgrade about a month or so, ago...and I remember it being posted about and discussed quite a bit on another credit board.  It was a mass "upgrade" to Visa Signature, which seems to be happening a lot lately with all the major banks.  

Message 4 of 6
GregB
Valued Contributor

Banks changing normal CC to Signature cards seems to be happening frequently.

I believe this lowers the total amount of available loans that the bank shows on their books.

Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@GregB wrote:

I believe this lowers the total amount of available loans that the bank shows on their books.

A legal way to "cook the books"?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.