Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC options

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CC options

I have a Chase Freedom with $5k limit and during my app spree last month I got the Chase Amazon with a $2k limit. I really have no use for the Chase Amazon really, so I'm curious, can I move the $2k to the Freedom and close the Amazon card? Just an idea I'm kicking around if Chase would allow it. I use the Freedom card, and would use it more if I had a bigger CLI, but Chase won't budge for a while with me.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Re: Chase CC options

Yes, Chase is one of easiest banks to do reallocation with. You can close your Amazon card and move the line to your Freedom. As far as CLI goes .. Chase is stingy. Your chances of getting approved for the CSP with a $5k limit is much higher than getting a $5k increase on your freedom. 

Current Cards:
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditPacMan wrote:

Yes, Chase is one of easiest banks to do reallocation with. You can close your Amazon card and move the line to your Freedom. As far as CLI goes .. Chase is stingy. Your chances of getting approved for the CSP with a $5k limit is much higher than getting a $5k increase on your freedom. 

Ok thanks for the info. I just activated the card about a week ago so not sure how that will affect the FICO scores.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

I have a Chase Freedom with $5k limit and during my app spree last month I got the Chase Amazon with a $2k limit. I really have no use for the Chase Amazon really, so I'm curious, can I move the $2k to the Freedom and close the Amazon card? Just an idea I'm kicking around if Chase would allow it. I use the Freedom card, and would use it more if I had a bigger CLI, but Chase won't budge for a while with me.

If you just got the card a week ago, leave a small amount on and don't close it outright after moving the limits.  Closing too soon may arouse some suspicion on Chase's part.

I'd hold unto the card for 6 months before closing...

Message 4 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

If you just got the card a week ago, leave a small amount on and don't close it outright after moving the limits.  Closing too soon may arouse some suspicion on Chase's part.

^+1 wise man

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

^+1 wise man

Ok thanks. Leave $500 on the Amazon and $1,500 on the Freedom? 

Message 6 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

^+1 wise man

Ok thanks. Leave $500 on the Amazon and $1,500 on the Freedom? 

That will work perfect.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditPacMan wrote:

Ain't that the truth. I'm working on a small experiment right now regarding this.

Message 8 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditPacMan wrote:

Ain't that the truth. I'm working on a small experiment right now regarding this.

This should be intersting to say the least

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The young lady didn't even blink when I asked to move $1,500 over from the Amazon to the Freedom card. I'll keep it like this for a few months then eventually move the last $500 over and close the Amazon card. Thanks everyone.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.