Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Chase CC

Does Chase use the amount in your checking account with Chase and all other factors to give out a CL?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CC

@corymcd88 wrote:

Does Chase use the amount in your checking account with Chase and all other factors to give out a CL?

I don't think so..but I know they do use some internal scoring.

Message 2 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

They have never come out and confirmed or denied it with me, but data suggests they do take existing bank relationships into consideration. Back when I still had a negative on my reports they were helpful on two reconsideration calls in overturning the denial, but that could have been anything including my explanation of the past missteps on my part.
Message 3 of 9
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

I don't believe that they routinely do; however, it can certainly make for a compelling case for them to give you a credit card if you cannot be approved through the conventional channels and have a lot of money flowing into/invested with Chase. I have a fairly extensive history with Chase, and I'm sure it was considered when they decided to approve me for their cards.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sharingan wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

I don't believe that they routinely do; however, it can certainly make for a compelling case for them to give you a credit card if you cannot be approved through the conventional channels and have a lot of money flowing into/invested with Chase. I have a fairly extensive history with Chase, and I'm sure it was considered when they decided to approve me for their cards.

Well now that I think about it, when I applied for the slate I was denied. I called recon and spoke to them, after a few holds n stuff, they asked me to 'verify' the last deposit that was made to my checking account. So I'm assuming, they can see all that right in front of there eyes, it's not like it's a different dept..so maybe they do take into consideration if you're sitting on $100k in your checking..

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was denied on my first Freedom app for high utilization, the rep told me they are willing to recalculate your utilization by reducing your amount owed by up to $10,000 in Chase deposits, if you have them. I didn't have any but probably good to know.

Message 6 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

Well that can't be. as i don't bank with Chase. and they don't have access to my checking accounts.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
They have never come out and confirmed or denied it with me, but data suggests they do take existing bank relationships into consideration. Back when I still had a negative on my reports they were helpful on two reconsideration calls in overturning the denial, but that could have been anything including my explanation of the past missteps on my part.

It is certainly a possibility as you can apply for special consideration when declined a card if you have a large checking/savings balance.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Well that can't be. as i don't bank with Chase. and they don't have access to my checking accounts.

Logical fallacy (If P then Q does NOT imply if not P then not Q).

The hypothesis is: If one has a good banking relationship with Chase, one has a better chance at a CLI. You stating that you don't have a banking relationship with Chase doesn't disprove the hypothesis whatsoever.

As an analogy, consider the following statement:

"If today is U.S.A.'s  Independence Day, then today is a day in July."

This definitely does NOT imply:

"If today is NOT U.S.A.'s Independence Day, then today is NOT a day in July." (We are in fact in July, even though it isn't Independence Day)

You likely had other reasons you have had success with Chase without a banking relationship, and, for all we know, that doesn't mean your CLIs wouldn't have been even higher with a little extra relationship help.

In answer to your question, OP, I am inclined to believe having a good, preexisting relationship (including high account balances) with Chase helps, but it isn't a necessary condition (nor is it necessarily sufficient).

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.