Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CL Consolidation

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Chase CL Consolidation

If I were to transfer 1000 of my Chase SW card over to my Chase AARP card, would that automatically disqualify my SW card from still being a Visa Signature card. Eventually I wanna transfer the majority of the limit over to the AARP card and close that card out entirely but I'm not sure when or anything. Some advice on this would be quite helpful and useful.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CL Consolidation

@chalupaman wrote:

If I were to transfer 1000 of my Chase SW card over to my Chase AARP card, would that automatically disqualify my SW card from still being a Visa Signature card. Eventually I wanna transfer the majority of the limit over to the AARP card and close that card out entirely but I'm not sure when or anything. Some advice on this would be quite helpful and useful.

Once you're VS, you're VS as I see it.

Any Chase experts out there?

Message 2 of 8
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Pretty sure that's accurate. Some cards are only issues as Signatures. Recently I was moving some CL from my United Club card and they said I would leave as little as $500 on it.

Message 3 of 8
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Pretty sure that's accurate. Some cards are only issues as Signatures. Recently I was moving some CL from my United Club card and they said I would leave as little as $500 on it.

Very good question.

Same doubt here. If I get my CSP with 5k and then later can I move my limit of 4.5k to Freedom  and still keep the VS status on the CSP? 

Keeping an eye on this thread.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 4 of 8
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I had a Chase Sapphire Preferred at 25,000 and moved all but 1,000 over to two other cards. I kept it for another few months before closing it and it stayed as a Visa Signature, but it doesn't come in any thing else. If the card does come as a Platinum Visa, it is possible that they may downgrade it once the limit is under 5000. You can always ask an analyst before doing it and they should know the answer.

Message 5 of 8
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Alright. I think I'll ask them just to be sure because there's also a Visa Plat version of the SW card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 8
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Update: I asked a customer service rep and she says that if I did that, I'd lose the Visa Siggy status because it has to be a 5k credit line minimum for the card to still have that status.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

Update: I asked a customer service rep and she says that if I did that, I'd lose the Visa Siggy status because it has to be a 5k credit line minimum for the card to still have that status.

Certain cards however are only issued in VS form and won't downgrade.

Most likely you can move some CL from your SW card and right before it expires and they send a new one, You can move some CL back to it to get it back up to $5,000.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.