Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CL Reallocation??

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

Chase CL Reallocation??

So I was just approved for my 4th Chase card.

In order from oldest to newest:

Amazon $8.3k CL (never use)

Freedom $10.5k CL (never use)

Southwest Premier $7.7k CL (use very frequently)

CSP: $5k <- Just approved.

Honestly, I really don't need or want the Amazon or the Freedom anymore. Has anyone tried to have Chase move some CL to another card? I'd like to move that 8.3 from Amazon to CSP and maybe $9k from Freedom to SW. That way I could close the Amazon card and just keep a small CL on Freedom in case I want to use it for the quarterly bonuses. 

Do they do that?

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase CL Reallocation??

Yeah they will move limits. The only stipulation is that if the card youre closing has had any activity within 30 days you have to forego 500 of the limit, cant move the entire thing. If you leave it inactive for 30 days you can move the whole limit.
Message 2 of 5
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

Honestly, I really don't need or want the Amazon or the Freedom anymore. Has anyone tried to have Chase move some CL to another card? I'd like to move that 8.3 from Amazon to CSP and maybe $9k from Freedom to SW. That way I could close the Amazon card and just keep a small CL on Freedom in case I want to use it for the quarterly bonuses. 

Do they do that?

TBH I would keep the Freedom because it's a gread card to pair with the CSP. Freedom quarters is 5% UR points which can easily be transfered to the CSP which is great. 

As far as moving limits goes if you want to move the whole limit you can't use that card for 30 days. Even then YMMV. I didn't use my Marriott card for months yet I couldn't move $500 of it off to my CSP ( which i have since downgraded to the CS)

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 3 of 5
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@andre181 wrote:

Do they do that?

TBH I would keep the Freedom because it's a gread card to pair with the CSP. Freedom quarters is 5% UR points which can easily be transfered to the CSP which is great. 

As far as moving limits goes if you want to move the whole limit you can't use that card for 30 days. Even then YMMV. I didn't use my Marriott card for months yet I couldn't move $500 of it off to my CSP ( which i have since downgraded to the CS)

Wait a minute, I want to make sure I read this correctly. You can downgrade a CSP to CS?? I thought the Chase Sapphire was gone?

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jawbrkr wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@andre181 wrote:

Do they do that?

Wait a minute, I want to make sure I read this correctly. You can downgrade a CSP to CS?? I thought the Chase Sapphire was gone?

The CS is not advertised nor issue to new customers any more but it is available to CSP customers who want to downgrade.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.