Message 11 of 15
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CLI Request - CSR or Direct to U/W

@Shock wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Shock wrote:

Why not just go straight to retention?

Because they won't just outright offer you as much as they are willing to give you--potentially leaving some on the table. When you ask for more than they are willing to give, then recon, the CA will take you as close to what you asked for as they are willing to go.

Can't you recon anyways if retention doesn't do the job?

I don't know, retention can do more than a regular CSR, so I figure it's better to deal with two people who know what they're doing, rather than a CSR who doesn't know the difference between a hard or soft pull. Not to mention they are outsourced to India.

I also may be going out on a limb here, but isn't retention almost like an underwriter, because they can make decisions a normal CSR can't?

It is irrelevant how much more retention can do as opposed to a normal csr. If you ask a retention rep for a cli of 3k, and it is approved, then you wonder if you could have gotten 7k. You cannot recon an approval, so you have potentially left some money on the table, so to speak. If you ask for a huge increase and are denied, then you can recon to the retention/underwriting, and they will counter with as much as they are willing to. It is no big deal if you call retention and ask....do whatever you want. I am just saying that this is a way to get all that they are willing to give you.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 12 of 15
Shock
Established Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Shock wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Shock wrote:

Because they won't just outright offer you as much as they are willing to give you--potentially leaving some on the table. When you ask for more than they are willing to give, then recon, the CA will take you as close to what you asked for as they are willing to go.

I don't know, retention can do more than a regular CSR, so I figure it's better to deal with two people who know what they're doing, rather than a CSR who doesn't know the difference between a hard or soft pull. Not to mention they are outsourced to India.

I also may be going out on a limb here, but isn't retention almost like an underwriter, because they can make decisions a normal CSR can't?

It is irrelevant how much more retention can do as opposed to a normal csr. If you ask a retention rep for a cli of 3k, and it is approved, then you wonder if you could have gotten 7k. You cannot recon an approval, so you have potentially left some money on the table, so to speak. If you ask for a huge increase and are denied, then you can recon to the retention/underwriting, and they will counter with as much as they are willing to. It is no big deal if you call retention and ask....do whatever you want. I am just saying that this is a way to get all that they are willing to give you.

Well, can't you just ask for a big CLI from retention anyways?

I mean in theory, it doesn't matter who you ask, eithe you're approved or denied.

You can ask retention or level one CSR for 7k, or 3k, or any amount youre looking for.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 13 of 15
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Shock wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Shock wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Shock wrote:

Well, can't you just ask for a big CLI from retention anyways?

I mean in theory, it doesn't matter who you ask, eithe you're approved or denied.

You can ask retention or level one CSR for 7k, or 3k, or any amount youre looking for.

This is my point. You can take care of all this in ten minutes. If they are going to deny you either way, you might as well just ask the regular csr. 

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 14 of 15
Shock
Established Contributor

Gotcha. I figured going to retention first would give you a better chance at an outright approval for the 7k. Sorry if I sounded confusing.
 photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.