Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI Surprise

tag
thobbs
New Contributor

Chase CLI Surprise

I recently got a Chase Sapphire Preferred at the end of January with a surprising $22,000 CL. I have charged maybe $3k total and paid the first statement in full. I logged in this morning and saw they increased my CL by $8k to a total of $30k without me even asking. Any reason why they would do that? I'm not complaining and my FICO has even decreased a tad (760) since the addition of the new line. Just very surprising.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase CLI Surprise

Very nice CL and CLI thobbs!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 16
Open123
Super Contributor

Not sure why, but it seems to me Chase is in a very giving mood lately.

I read last year the CSP 50k bonus is set to end in the 1st quarter of 2012.  If true, maybe it's a push to sign up more people and have higher CLs on their loan portfolio?  

Just apped for CSP, and was surprised they started me at $22.5 CL.

Message 3 of 16
thobbs
New Contributor

Yes, very interesting. I thought they would at least wait 3-6 months before increasing my limit. I've had their Freedom card for over a year as well and they never touched it with a CLI. I'm not going to complain though! Just curious why a CLI in less than 60 days from opening.
Message 4 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

They must have liked your CR's thobbs! 30K is just sweet!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm jealous. I would love a credit line increase, but I don't want the inquiry. I pay it off before the statement date. I wonder if keeping a 0 balance is the reason.

Message 6 of 16
thobbs
New Contributor

Mine is never exactly $0. I just paid the statement balance off.

Message 7 of 16
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Wow $30K! That is awesome! Don't know why they would or wouldn't do that, but heck that is incredible. I wanted the Saphire card but wasn't sure I could get approved. Great work!

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting... a search of google doesn't show anyone else with even close to a $30k CL on a chase sapphire preferred. 

congrats...

Message 9 of 16
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Nice!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.